HTC had launched its latest Android 2.2 smartphones Desire HD & Desire Z in September. Both the smartphones are slowly reaching different markets around the globe and getting some real good responses.
We have compiled a list of best applications, which will surely be a good start for you. Android Market has over 90,000 applications, so, you can always download more and more and with Android 2.2, you get the Android apps on SD Card support.
Starting with the two most popular social networks, and they have their official Android apps available:
1. Facebook for Android
2. Twitter for Android [You can also go for TweetDeck or Twidroyd]
Now, some entertainment:
3. Pandora Radio: Pandora Android app lets you listen to personalized radio stations based on your favorite artists or songs. Thanks to Android’s multitasking capabilities, you’ll be able to rock out while running other apps.
4. doubleTwist Player: The doubleTwist Player is a fully featured music and video app that seamlessly integrates with the free doubleTwist desktop client on Mac/PC. Import your iTunes playlists, ratings and playcounts; sync and play your audio and video podcasts and more!
5. Dropbox: Sync files between your computer and mobile phone, with sharing options, search, and even document-viewing optimization.
6. Documents To Go: View Microsoft Word & Excel files & attachments (doc, docx, xls, xlsx)
7. ASTRO File Manager: File Manager, Backup, Image and text viewers, Networking, SMB, Bluetooth, SFTP, Zip Tar, downloader, thumbnails, search files, application manager, task manager, attachments, all rolled into one.
8. Adobe Reader: The free app lets you view, zoom and perform other basic interactions with PDF and other documents, directly on your phone.
Coming to E-Book readers and augmented reality apps:
9. Layar Reality Browser: Layar Reality Browser, a beautiful, fun augmented reality app that shows you the things you can?t see. It augments digital objects on top of reality, as can be seen through the mobile phone?s camera. When opening the app, you’ll be immediately presented with a list of spots nearby.
10. Kindle for Android
11. Aldiko Book Reader
More Google Apps:
12. Shopper: Shopper recognizes books and media by cover art, plus barcode scanning and voice search. Find local and online prices, reviews, specs, and more. Star your favorites and share with friends.
13. Google Goggles: Google Goggles is a visual search app. Instead of using words, take a picture of an object with your camera phone: we attempt to recognize the object, and return relevant search results. Goggles can also recognize English, French, Italian, German and Spanish words and allow you to translate to other languages.
14. Google Finance: The free app gives you mobile access to your Google Finance portfolios, letting you keep up with the companies you are watching and those in which you have invested. With concern around Google’s limited app regulation for third parties, using a Google-run app may ease your mind.
and last one app, that will take care of all your application needs:
15. App Brain: A shortcut to finding and installing apps is AppBrain. You load the AppBrain app on your phone, go to the AppBrain website and the two talk to each other. It’s not quite the same as installing apps directly from the Market via a web page, but it’s similar.