You can root the Optimus One to remove all the crap applications that come-preloaded on your Optimus One or to use apps which require root access. After you have removed the applications, you can un-root and bingo, you are back to all good unrooted Optimus One without all the crap apps.
- Download Z4Root app from here or Android Market.
- Transfer it to you Optimus One and install it
- Run the app and select permanent root
- If will take a little time and your phone will restart
- You phone is rooted now and you have superuser installed
- Download and Install Titanium Backup from Android Market
- Grant it Super User permission
- You should have a pop-up screen in front of you and one of the buttons on the bottom should say “problems”. Click that.
- It will install the latest version of busybox
- Now, Tapping the “Backup/Restore” button brings you to the application list – or rather the list of available “items”.
- Tapping an application brings up a popup from which you can select actions to be taken with the selected item: You can e.g. run an application, back it up, and restore it (or its settings). You also may also decide to un-install the application – even if it is a system app! But with the latter, you should be very careful: Remove the wrong thing, and your phone may start malfunctioning.
- Use the Un-Install for all the apps that you do not want on your phone.
- Now if you want remove Titanium Backup and unroot Optimus One or leave it like that.