HTC has officially announced the first ‘for-ladies‘ Android smartphone Rhyme today. It is better known as its previously leaked name “Bliss”. HTC Rhyme will be available in US on Verizon starting September 29, with Europe and Asia scheduled to see the release next month.
In line with leaked specifications, HTC Rhyme comes with Android 2.3 with Sense 3.5, 3.7 inch WVGA display, HTC Watch, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, and a 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash.
Pricing and other information is
expected to be revealed at the Press event scheduled later today in New York. Update – Verizon has just confirmed that on sale Rhyme will be priced at $199 with a new, two-year agreement.
- Qualcomm MSM 8655, 1GHz processor
- Android™ with HTC Sense
- 3.7” WVGA super LCD display
- 5 megapixel 28mm f/2.2 camera with auto focus and power LED flash
- Front-facing VGA camera
- 1600 mAh Li-Ion battery
Full Press Release Below:
HTC UNVEILS HTC RHYME™, an Elegant new phone experience
HTC Rhyme integrates sleek new design, a refreshed HTC Sense™ experience and a family of integrated accessories with advanced smartphone features
HTC Rhyme to be available globally in October; exclusively in the U.S. from Verizon Wireless in the coming weeks
New York City – September 20, 2011 – HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile devices, today unveiled HTC Rhyme™, a new kind of phone created for people who require advanced features but want a phone that is sleek and fits seamlessly into their lives. The result is the elegant HTC Rhyme that delivers a fresh approach of integrating distinct colors, HTC Sense™ and complementary accessories for a natural personal experience.
“HTC Rhyme represents an entirely new approach, based on recognition that there is a substantial group of consumers who want their phones to be more personal and complimentary to every moment of their day,” said Scott Croyle, vice president of design, HTC Corporation. “HTC Rhyme is focused on delivering this through a fresh new style and experience that includes a family of innovative accessories like the HTC Rhyme Charm and Docking Station that are meant to naturally integrate into people’s lives.”
Sleek, Fresh and Stylish
HTC Rhyme offers a smart, elegant unibody design with every detail carefully crafted to deliver a unique sensory experience. The materials, the curves, and the dimensions are all designed to feel great in your hand, without sacrificing advanced features. HTC Rhyme comes in three colors: Clearwater, Hourglass and Plum, the color Verizon Wireless will be offering in the U.S.
“The HTC Rhyme is an exciting new approach to the mobile lifestyle that integrates hardware, software and accessories in a unique way,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “We believe this clean, intuitive experience and signature design is a testament to HTC’s ability to interpret what customers have said they want in a mobile device. We are thrilled to offer the HTC Rhyme exclusively on the nation’s largest, most reliable network.”
HTC Rhyme is not only defined by its soft, simple design and distinct color scheme but by the refreshed HTC Sense experience. This unique twist on HTC Sense carries over the visual language of the hardware design and includes an all-new home screen that provides a clean and uncluttered way to interact with the essentials. The home screen enables quick, uncluttered previews of your appointments, messages or whatever is important to you. HTC selected custom wallpapers to offer a variety of original art to complement the HTC Rhyme experience.
With a beautiful 3.7-inch WVGA, super LCD display and high-quality stereo sound, HTC Rhyme also offers advanced imaging capabilities that begin with its 5-megapixel camera that includes auto focus, power LED flash and instant shutter for capturing those memorable moments whenever they arrive. In addition, the camera features a number of photo-taking and sharing elements, including face detection, which ensures that friends are always in focus, action burst scene, which automatically takes five consecutive shots of a scene, and panoramic mode, which lets users stitch several photos for those larger-than-life views. The HTC Rhyme’s locked home screen can be customized to display the most important content, making it quick and easy to see social updates, photos, snapping a photo or the weather forecast by simply turning on the display.
HTC Rhyme makes entertainment come to life through HTC Watch, which features a wide selection of movies and TV shows that can be downloaded for instant viewing.
HTC Rhyme’s suite of accessories is designed with the same sensory focus in both function and style. Created to help you experience HTC Rhyme as a natural part of your life, the integrated accessories make your phone more personal than ever before.
· HTC Rhyme Docking Station – The Docking Station simultaneously recharges the phone while turning the Rhyme into an alarm clock and music center so you can wake to your favorite songs played directly from the built-in Bluetooth capable speakers.
· HTC Rhyme Charm – The Charm is an innovative approach for discretely alerting you to incoming calls or messages while the HTC Rhyme is deep in your bag. The Charm is a small light-emitting cube that attaches to the phone by a cord that can dangle from your bag and also be used to quickly pull the phone out of your bag. It also makes it easy to find your phone buried in your cluttered purse or backpack.
· HTC Rhyme Sports Armband – The Sports Armband allows you to work out in style while keeping your apps and music close to you.
· HTC Rhyme Tangle Free Headphones – The Tangle Free Headphones take the hassle out of listening to your favorite music.
· HTC Rhyme Bluetooth® Headset – The wireless headset follows the same design cues as the phone itself and enables for easy hands free use.
· HTC Rhyme Bluetooth® Car Speaker – The wireless speaker clips onto sun visor in your car for easy and safe driving.
HTC Rhyme will be available in the coming weeks in the United States, exclusively with Verizon Wireless, and across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific in October. In the U.S., the Docking Station, Tangle Free Headphones and Charm will be included in the box.