There is no confirmation about the regional availability of the update, we are checking it out right now and will update the post accordingly. Android 4.0 brings a whole new UI, Android Beam, People App, Performance Improvements, Face Unlock and a lot of other new features.
We’re rolling out Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, to GSM/UMTS Nexus S devices over the coming month, starting today: goo.gl/6HRcJ
— Google Nexus (@googlenexus) December 16, 2011
If you cannot wait for the OTA, you can use the following instructions to apply the update manually (works on GT-I9020T and GT-I9023).
- Download the Update from here
- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Copy update.zip to the root of your internal storage
- Switch off your Nexus S
- Hold Volume Up and Power to reboot into the bootloader
- Select “Recovery,” then press power button
- Once the triangle appears, press power button and volume up at the same time to enter recovery
- Select “Apply update from /sdcard”.
- Once the process is finished, reboot your phone and you are good to go.