Along with the launch of Chrome for Android browser, Google has also released an extension for the desktop counterpart – Chrome to Mobile. This extension will allow you to seamlessly send webpages from ‘Chrome on PC’ to ‘Chrome on Android’.
You can send the live URL from your PC to mobile or even send the whole webpage for offline viewing on your Android device. Unlike the Chrome to Phone extension, which can even send text and opens other content in their native apps (like Maps to Google Maps on Android), Chrome to Mobile is limited to URLs and transfers content directly to the browser, nowhere else.
You will need Chrome for Android beta on your Android 4.0 tablet or phone to use this extension, which can be installed from here. You can also download the Chrome for Android using the APK link given in our last post.
How does this work?
- Install the Chrome to Mobile extension in desktop Chrome.
- Install and sign in to Chrome for Android Beta on your phone or tablet.
- Click on the phone icon in the desktop omnibox to send the current page to your phone or tablet.
- Click Connect your mobile device.
- Select the same account that you used to sign in to Chrome on your mobile device.
- Click Allow access.
- You are ready to go.