If you’ve never heard of Slice before, it is a service that boasts itself as “The simplest way to organize everything you buy online.” With Slice, you can link your Gmail or Yahoo! Mail inbox and the service will automatically work across your favorite merchants. You can track your orders, receive alerts when the price of your purchases drops, and organize and backup all your receipts and merchant information in case issues arise and you ever need to contact them.
Just this week, Slice announced that it has finally unleashed its Android application onto Google Play. The app is available for free, and should work on any phone or tablet running Android 2.2 or greater. If you do any online shopping, this might be the app for you. Check below for a download link and the full presser.
- TRACK YOUR PACKAGES
- Track FedEx, UPS, and USPS packages automatically. No digging through emails, no logging into multiple merchant accounts, no copy/paste of long tracking numbers.
- View which items are on their way and from which merchant, all on a single map
- Get push notifications when a package is shipped, out for delivery or has been delivered, so you always know where your stuff is as soon as there’s an update.
- ? KEEP YOUR PURCHASES ORGANIZED
- Back up your e-receipts and access them quickly — without having to dig through your inbox
- Get notified by Slice when a recent purchase drops in price, so you can contact the merchant and recoup the difference.
- Keep track of your Groupons, Living Social and Gilt City vouchers. Don’t miss out on a daily deal because you forgot about it!
- Automatically consolidate your purchase history and receipts all in one place, enabling you to
- keep track of spending
- search past purchases to recall key details and identify deductible expenses
- facilitate returns and exchanges
- find style & model numbers and other item details
- view customer service phone numbers and policies
PALO ALTO, CA – March 8, 2012 – Today, Slice announced the availability of its free online shopping organizational app on all Android devices. The Android release is the latest addition to Slice’s suite of mobile and desktop tools aimed at simplifying online shopping. With Slice on your Android, you’ll never waste another minute sorting through old receipts or entering tracking numbers. Slice’s app is the only service that gives Android users instant access to their entire online shopping history, making tracking shipments and staying organized on-the-go easier than ever before. With the launch of the Android app, users will also be able to conveniently view and organize purchases made using Google Wallet.
Press Release Via: AndroidGuys