HTC is planning to launch its flagship Android smartphone “Butterfly” in the Indian market this month. Well-placed sources have revealed to us that the smartphone will be priced around INR 44,000 in the country.
Originally released in Japan with the name “J Butterfly”, HTC Butterfly was announced for the international markets in the early December, 2012. Company has since released it in many countries including China and Taiwan. It has also been launched in US under the name “Droid DNA.”
Featuring a 5-inch 1920x1080p display, HTC Butterfly comes with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage with microSD card slot. Apart from Beats Audio and the usual connectivity options, the Butterfly also packs 8MP rear camera, and 2.1MP front shooter with full HD support for video chatting. On the batter front, there is a 2020 mAh battery, which looks a little under-whelming.
While the features of the smartphone are certainly enticing, the pricing, which we have heard is not so much. An INR 44K price will make HTC Butterfly the most expensive Android smartphone in the country. We hope that HTC changing its mind about the price, but it looks highly unlikely.
The official launch is expected in the next two weeks and the phone is likely to go on sale the same day.
Here is a recap of HTC Butterfly key features, do let us know in comments whether you plans to grab this smartphone at such a hefty price or does the features justify this pricing?
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 quad-core processor
- 5 inch super LCD 3 with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 & Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Android 4.1 with HTC Sense
- Total storage: 16GB | Expansion card slot supports microSD memory card for up to 32GB additional storage
- RAM: 2 GB
- Bluetooth with aptX enabled (Bluetooth 4.0)
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with MHL for USB or HDMI connection
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 2.1 megapixel front camera (1080p for video chat)
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip
- 2020 mAh battery