Samsung has revealed the Android 4.1 update details for its 2011 flagship model Galaxy S II on its Korean website recently. According to the company, as this update is bigger update, it would require re-partitioning of memory system, thus will only be available via Samsung Kies.
Here is the change-log posted by Samsung Korea:
1. Platform upgrade Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ? Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Improved Home screens and improved scrolling performance (thanks to project Butter)
- Improved usability for some applications
2. Preloaded applications
Add Help, Google+, Talk, Play Books, Play Movies
3. Newly added/improved functions
- Add Easy mode, Block mode
- Improved Camera functions: function like Pause while recording and more
- Add Smart Stay
- New functions like Pop-up play and more
- Improved some functions & applications usability
There is still no word on the release date of the update.