Ships on April 24
Looks like Asus has decided to rename Qube to Cube before the official availability. Originally announced at CES earlier this year as Asus Qube, this Google TV device was spotted on Newegg as Asus Cube.
The retailer has also posted images of the actual retail box of the device, which further confirms that it is not a stupid spelling error, but the company has actually changed the name of the device. We have contacted Asus USA and will update the post as soon as we hear from them.
Asus Cube’s recently leaked availability date and pricing are also almost on the spot. As per the Newegg listing, this Google TV box has been priced at $139.99 and will start shipping on April 24.
Asus Cube runs on the latest version of Google TV with an Asus Cube user interface on-top.
Asus Cube key features
- Google TV platform with Cube user interface
- Dual-core Marvell 88DE3100 SoC
- Support for Netflix, HBO Go and more
- YouTube DIAL, Google Chrome
- 50 GB of ASUS Webstorage
- Mobile Remote with Built-in Gyro sensor, G-sensor, microphone, QWERTY keyboard, Netflix hot-key
- Ports In: HDMI In port x 1
- Ports Out: HDMI Out port x 1, IR Blaster Out port x 1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0 x 2, Base-T Ethernet port x 1
- Dimension: 4.92″ x 4.92″ x 4.92″, Weight: 520g
There is still no word on the availability of the device outside US. To remind you, Google TV devices are sold by nine Google TV partners across 10 countries around the world.