A new firmware for Samsung’s Galaxy S III smartphone has appeared online. Based on Android 4.2.2 release, the new firmware carries build number I9300XXUFME3 and bring several goodies including software features from Galaxy S4.
According to SamMobile, this is a test firmware and not a final release. It includes new lock-screen, Daydream support, enhanced notifications, and revamped Settings UI.
The final and stable release of Android 4.2.2 is expected to reach the phone around June.
Check out the key changes below:
- Android 4.2.2 JDQ39
- New S4 like Lock-screen: Multiple Widgets, two unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, and ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Daydream, Driving mode, actionable notifications, New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls
- Gallery modes have white background
- Full screen Samsung apps, new S-Voice (from S4), smart switch widget
You can grab the download and flashing instructions here.