As per a Chromium code review entry, Google Chrome team is working on an Android app, which will bring the functionality of Chrome Remote Desktop app to Android. First spotted by François Beaufort, this app is currently in very early stages, so we will have to wait for some time before reaching Google Play.
According to code review entry, the app currently performs the following actions:
- Authenticate using a Google account on the phone
- Query and display the host list from the Chromoting directory server
- Connect to and communicate with the host service over XMPP/ICE
- Establish peer-to-peer channels for communicating with the host service
- Notable missing features are: Display the host’s desktop, Handle any kind of input
While, Google Play is still full of apps that offer similar functionality, it is always good to see an offering from Google.