Where is my son, daughter or friend, they are coming alone, are they safe? These are some of the questions that each family or friend has to do deal with every day. Given the concern for the safety of loved ones, people are always trying to find ways to keep track of friends and family.
Thanks to popularity of smartphones and better technology these days, it has become easier than ever to privately track someone’s location at any given moment. Google Play is filled with free and paid apps that provide this functionality and today, there has been a new addition to this growing list.
Popular India navigation solutions provider MapmyIndia has announced the release of its Locate app for Android. The application offers an easy solution to track up to three friends or family members in real-time.
“MapmyIndia has been at the forefront of offering innovative and disruptive solutions. Leveraging GPS technology, our endeavor has been to improve the lives of Indians. ‘Locate’ is another such initiative that addresses the safety and security need of individuals and institutions. I feel that they would be immensely comforted knowing that their friends, family and staff are safe,” said Rakesh Verma, Managing Director MapmyIndia.
MapmyIndia Locate features
- Add up-to three friends or family members to locate
- Tracking yourself is enabled by default in the app
- Also supports detailed movement reporting.
- See people you are locating on a real-time map
- Manually check-in or the app automatically picks up location every 500 meters and shows it as auto-check in
- Get movement reports for people being located for up to five days. Reports include full details like date, time and address
- Set locate settings for getting located – like days of the week and time of the day when you wish to be tracked
- Reports are accessible not just in the app but also through a web
- The app uses GPS, Wi-Fi or Cell Tower Triangulation to compute location
Download from Google Play