In two of the major Moto X news, AT&T’s Moto X variant has started getting a software update with camera enhancements and Verizon will be getting Moto Maker support next month. It is the same update that was rolled out to T-Mobile Moto X units some time back.
Talking about the AT&T Moto X update first, the update is now rolling out over-the-air and will soon reach all units. According to a blog post on AT&T consumer blog, the update will also boost the core functions of the phone while enhancing the already-robust user experience of the Moto X smartphone.
Here is the full change-log:
1. Camera enhancements:
- Enhanced camera auto-white balance performance and color accuracy.
- Improved exposure when taking photos outside or backlit, and improved clarity in low light.
- Faster touch-to-focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light or scenes with continuous motion.
2. Faster response and improved accuracy when using Touchless Control and easier set up and training of the “Ok Google Now” trigger.
3. Enhanced transfer of content from old phone to new phone using Motorola Migrate.
4. Fine-tuned feature that allows you to find phone when it is lost that sometimes prevented a lost phone from reporting its location.
If you have a Moto X, you should see a notification that your update is available for download. Follow the prompts to download and install it. You can also got to the Settings icon in the apps menu > About Phone > System updates > Download > Install.
Coming to the news about Verizon support in Moto Maker, according to known leaker evleaks, Verizon consumers will be able to order customised Moto X units from Moto X maker starting November 11. We are yet to get an official confirmation but given the past record of evleaks, it is highly likely that we will get the good news soon.