Move over Kindle, Now Barnes and Noble Nook Android app is also here. Barnes & Noble is pushing the Nook brand with the release of a new reader app for the Android platform.
The Nook app syncs with the user’s online B&N e-book account to bring content to the phone and keep bookmarks the same across devices like the original e-book reader.
* Read your way: Customize the eReading experience by choosing from eight font types and five sizes, read in landscape or portrait modes and lock the screen orientation.
* Enjoy the read: The fun and immersive experience offers animated or sliding page turns, a navigation scroll bar, bookmarks and more.
* Easy access to your content: Using the Library List view, see the cover art, sort and filter your eBooks by author, title or recent reads. Access rich product details for the selected eBook, including the synopsis and more books from that author.
* Read across multiple devices: Android users can now complement their eReading experiences with Barnes & Noble’s other eReader experiences such as NOOK eBook Readers, previously announced eBook readers powered by the Barnes & Noble eBookstore, and a variety of other computing and mobile devices, including iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry® and HTC HD2™ smartphones, HP computers, PC and Mac®.
* Pick up where you left off: Sync the last page read of the last eBook opened on an Android device with BN eReader (soon to be renamed NOOK) software-enabled devices including PC and iPad. Coming soon, both will sync with NOOK for iPhone and more devices to follow.
* Follows the standard: Read eBooks formatted in ePub, quickly becoming the industry standard