With the launch of three new Andriod phones, Motorola taken its tally of Android smartphones in Chinese market to 11, all launched within a span of a year.
The phones are from the popular MING series and cater to china’s three mobile networks – Motorola MT810 for China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA network, the Motorola XT806 for China Telecom’s CDMA-2000 network, and the Motorola for China Unicom’s WCDMA network. All three of the new MING devices offer a full touchscreen experience and sport an updated version of the MING flip design, including the signature transparent flip cover.
The MING series is a favourite among the Chinese users because of its distinctive design and special features. “ MING has been a hit with China because it was designed especially for the way Chinese people live,work and play with their handsets. Android has been a hit globally and in China thanks to its power and ease of use. By combining MING and Android, we’ve given Chinese professionals three great new mobile devices,for building their success designed exclusively for them,” said Bin Shen, Vice President and General Manager, Asia Product Management, Motorola Mobility.
Since the launch of the series more than five million Ming devices have sold in China. More than half the Android smartphones sold in China in the first half of 2010 were Motorola devices.
Motorola MT 810:
- · 3.2 inch screen with dual touch system
- · Pre –loaded business applications
- · D1 (720*480) video capture
- · 720p HD video playback
- · Support for CMMB mobile TV format
- · More than 7000 applications
Motorola XT 806 :
- · Dual mode / Dual stand-by for CDMA EVDO and GSM
- · Integrated mobile business applications
- · 3.2 inch screen with 300 dpi display
- · GPS navigation
- · 720p HD video capture and playback
- · 3.1 inch AMOLED screen
- · Supports WCDMA, WAPI and WIFI1
- · Handwriting recognition software
- · 5 MP camera
- · GPS navigation