Nimbuzz recently released it latest version ‘2.0’ for Android, which comes with its own VIOP solution called NimbuzzOut.
Apart from NimbuzzOut, the new version features SIP, a brand new keypad, friends suggestions, and more personalization options, among others.
More on new features:
- NimbuzzOut will allow you to make cheap international and local calls to mobile phones and landlines over the internet without using your minutes! The new keypad located on the NimbuzzOut screen lets you access your entire phone book so you can make quick calls to anyone outside your Nimbuzz network.
- A Dialer Tab: call mobile phones and landlines via NimbuzzOut, SkypeOut or any of our SIP partners (Google/Gizmo5, Sipgate, Xeloq, T-Pad, VoIPax, Gulfsip, IPS, Badatel and more)
- Friend suggestions see which of your phonebook contacts are already using Nimbuzz so you can add them to your network. The more you add the more you save! ; )
- Facebook connect: more stable connection, improved the security of your Facebook data, and allow you to see the status message of your Facebook friends.
Folks over Phandroid did a review of Nimbuzz 2.0, few pointers for you from that review:
- SkypeOut and support for other VoIP providers, including Nimbuzz’s own NimBuzzOut. VoIP performance (call clarity, latency, etc) is fantastic.
- Integrated dialer and contact book that brings in all of your existing contacts and shows them with your messaging buddies.
- One of the few messaging clients that manages to stay connected without fail.
- Like other clients, no group chat and conference call support for Skype and other protocols.
- Also like other clients, you can’t send anything but audio, video, and images to your buddies (and the process was painfully slow over WiFi)