Today’s launch of HTC Desire HD & Desire Z was accompanied by the release of latest version of HTC Sense. This version brings several new improvements in this UI.
- These include a unified inbox, VIP friends and enhancements like pre-cache maps, wherein you won’t need to wait for the map to zoom – thereby reducing the wait time for maps loading.
- Another interesting feature is something that HTC calls Smartboot, which reduces the start-up time for the phones from the current 45 odd seconds to less than 10 seconds.
- Updated SENSE UI will also support DLNA integration and you can stream media
- With a newly created camera experience, people can record HD videos or capture and edit images with a variety of fun camera effects.
- HTC Sense also includes a new integrated online e-reading experience utilizing a new e-book store powered by Kobo™ and a new, mobile-optimized e-reader that includes the ability to highlight, annotate and quickly search for definitions or translate unfamiliar terms.
With the new HTCSense.com service, people can simply manage their mobile phone experience from their HTC phone or personal computer. For example, people can easily locate a missing phone by triggering the handset to ring loudly, even if it is set to silent, or to flag its location on a map. If the phone’s been lost or stolen, users can remotely lock the phone, forward calls and texts to another phone, send a message to the phone to arrange its return or even remotely wipe all personal data from it. HTCSense.com makes it easy to setup a new HTC phone or access archived mobile content such as contacts, text messages and call history from a PC browser. People can also customize their phones with exclusive HTC content like wallpapers, HTC scenes, sounds or plug-ins.