The much anticipated Huawei Android 2.2 ‘Ideos’ was launched in Malaysia yesterday. It will be available in the country from November 8, on a surprisingly high price of RM899 (US$ 288).
The USP was Ideos was supposed to be its economic viability and it was expected to reach to consumer on a price something around $150-200. But, it seems it did not, may be the taxes and other stuff is to blame for its high price in Malaysia.
Huawei Malaysia is in talks with domestic mobile telecommunication operators whom it hopes will sell Ideos.
Huawei Ideos Full Specifications below:
- 2.8-inch TFT resistive touchscreen 256K colors display
- 3.2 mega pixel camera with auto focus
- 528 MHz Qualcomm processor
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
- Adobe flash support
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS
- Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
- Camera resolutions of 2048 x 1536 pixels
- E-mail/Push Mail/IM
- Google search/Maps/G-mail/G-Talk
- GPRS/EDGE/JAVA/3G HSDPA
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Micro USB v2.0 port
- MicroSD support up to 32GB