Sony Ericsson has finally decided to release the Android 2.1 aka Éclair update for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, X10 Mini, and X10 Mini Pro. Update will start rolling out this coming Sunday evening European time.
SE will be starting the update first from Nordic Countries, later coming to other countries, but company expects to finish the updation in November.
In most countries, Xperia X10 will automatically get a notification when the update is ready and users will be guided to how to perform the update using the PC Companion software.
The update is expected to bring the following improvements:
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
• Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
• New backup and restore application with extended content back up
• Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
• Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages