Toshiba today launched its first smartbook as well its first Android product for India market. The smartbook in mention here is AC100, which was first launched in June, reached some markets in September/October.
Toshiba AC100 comes with Android 2.1 and nVidia Tegra processor. You can find the full specification later in the post. Toshiba has priced it for Rs. 18,721. According to the company, Ac100 will be immediately available in the market.
My experience with Acer Aspire Dual Boot Android netbook has not been very good, so I wonder who will buy this smartbook unless Toshiba has made it really keyboard optimised.
- NVIDIA® Tegra™ 250 Mobile Processor (1GH, ARM)
- RAM: 512 MB DDR2 (333 MHz)
- Up to 32GB SSD
- 25.7cm (10.1”) TruBrite® display with LED backlight, 1,024 x 600 pixels
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR*, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Mobile Broadband*
- 1 x USB 2.0, 1x Mini USB, Card Reader (SD, MMC), Audio out/Mic in combo socket, HDMI®
- 1.3 MPixel Webcam with integrated microphone
- Location based switchable desktop
- Toshiba Home Menu, a customizable desktop with widgets and shortcuts
- Size: 262.1mm x 189.8mm x 14 / 21mm
- Weight: starting at 870g