Finally for Epic 4G users, the Android 2.2 “FroYo” update is out. It is available Over the Air, and if you have not received OTA. You can use the method below to download the update now.
Sprint today became the first US telecom carrier to releases Android 2.2 update for any Galaxy S device.
- Android 2.2 JIT compiler
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 compatibility
- New Android Market with auto-updating
- Speed improvements
- Pinch-to-zoom homescreen flyover
- Improved default keyboard
- Quick links to “GPS” and “Auto rotation” toggles on notification bar added
- Slightly different graphics and transitions with app drawer and default icon dock
- Colored icons in settings
- GPS improvements
- Better Exchange support
- Video records in MP4 format
- New Search widget
- New Gmail application
Instructions: Update Android 2.2 Froyo for Epic 4G
- Download the required update.zip file
- RENAME the file to “update.zip” (If you get an error while flashing, your file might accidentally be named “update.zip.zip” due to Windows’ file renaming system. Simply rename it to “update” to make it update.zip and flash)
- Move the file to your storage on the Epic 4G (Mount USB storage and drag the update.zip into root folder)
- Boot your device into “recovery mode” (While the phone is off, hold down the “Volume Down” button, “Camera” button, and “Power” button and hold them)
- Apply the sdcard update.zip from Recovery Mode
- Congratulations! You now have Android 2.2.1 Froyo (DK28) on your Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint!