Amazon launches Android developer portal

Amazon today announced the availability of its App store Developer portal — an Android app store within the Amazon ecosystem. While the current launch is only limited to developers, consumers will be able to download apps later in the year. News of this app store was first leaked last year in September along with rumors of a possible Android tablet from Amazon.

Features:

  • Developers keep 70 percent of the revenue, with Amazon getting the other 30 percent.
  • Developers will be paid once a month, within 30 days of the end of the month.
  • There’s not mechanism for app refunds, other than for installation problems.
  • Amazon will screen apps to make sure they pass basic functionality. They’ll test on a multitude of devices, on the various versions of Android, to make sure it works and isn’t malicious.
  • Apps may be rejected for content; guidelines will be publicly posted.

More over at https://developer.amazon.com

Via Android Central


Post Author: Gaurav Shukla

Gaurav Shukla is the editor of AndroidOS.in. If you'd like to reach him, drop an email at 'gaurav@androidos.in' or connect with him on Twitter (@gauravshukla).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *