For all the fans of Encyclopaedia Britannica, this reference giant has reached Android Market. Although it might have lost its sheen after the arrival of Wikipedia, Britannica has been the source of reference for many decades.
In partnership with Paragon Software Group, Britannica has launched its Android application for Britannica Concise Encyclopedia 2011. The availability is not limited to English language version, company is also making available Spanish-language (Enciclopedia Compacta Britannica 2011) and Russian-language (Britannica 2011) versions too.
The app will cost you a hefty $19.95 for download from the Android Market, but it brings all the info offline, no need for an internet connection. There is a trail version to test the app is also available for download in the market for free.
• No internet connection required – information accessible anywhere, anytime
• Over 25,000 unique articles
• 2,700 colorful images and maps
• ‘On this Day’ feature highlights what happened on any calendar day in history
• Browser-like user interface
• Share articles with friends via e-mail
• View hyperlinks between articles
• Receive random articles by shaking your device (BlackBerry users, this feature is available only on BlackBerry Storm devices)
• Instant access to all your Favorite articles
• Suggested Searches appear at startup screen
• Search History for last 50 articles
• Highlighted search results