Putting a full stop on all the release date rumors, confusing statements from regional Samsung twitter accounts, company’s official global Twitter account has passed a two-part notice(1,2) to announce that Galaxy S2 launch will go on schedule and select markets or market will get it in April as earlier announced.
Samsung India Twitter account yesterday created confusion by first stating the launch will commence in April but then retracted saying global launch is delayed till June.
I am hoping that Samsung now sticks to its word and releases Galaxy S2 in at least some countries.
Samsung Galaxy S2 full specifications
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system with TouchWiz user interface
- Software integrations like Social Hub, Music Hub, Readers Hub, Games Hub, as well as a number of enterprise features
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC, 3G
- 1650 mAh removable battery
- 16GB of internal storage with microSD card slot (supports upto 32GB)
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 4.27-inch 480x800p Super AMOLED Plus screen
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash, 2MP selfie camera