Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.3 ‘Gingerbread’ update rolling out in India

Image Credit: Ashwin

Samsung has started rolling out much-awaited Android 2.3.3 update for Galaxy S in India. Reports are coming in from everywhere that update is available since today morning.

You can update your Samsung Galaxy S now using Kies. Update version details are given below.

• CSC – DDJV6
  • PDA – DDJV6
  • Modem – DDJV4

Download Samsung Kies from here.

Thanks everybody, who sent this in

52 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.3 ‘Gingerbread’ update rolling out in India

coolu

(October 1, 2011 - 9:10 pm)

i have the same problem as sachin any one please help

sachin joshi

(September 20, 2011 - 12:30 am)

I am in India
    trying to update the firmware through kies which is showing new version available
    PDA:JPA / PHONE:JP4 / CSC:JPA (INU)
    my phone is gt-p1000
    kies version 2.0.2.11071_128

after clicking upgrade the eror is shown as below
    Please help

Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

vins

(September 5, 2011 - 4:05 pm)

samsung suckzzzzz always, m using froyo tried many times to upgrade but again n again kies crashes ๐Ÿ™
    tried eveythin described above ๐Ÿ™

Cristi

(July 14, 2011 - 7:02 pm)

@ Mayank Masand

I tried to update kies , reinstalled the .net framework 4.0, updated windows , cleared user data from phone and still kies won’t update the firmware (CLR20r3) ; can you give me another idea please ? i’m kind of stuck ; thanks

affan

(July 8, 2011 - 8:30 pm)

Is the update available in SL? N if not does anyone know when the update will come to SL?

mmd

(July 7, 2011 - 6:25 pm)

Same issue here, kies crashes during the update. Anybody managed to fix this, does the hard reset work?

Manajit

(July 3, 2011 - 3:57 am)

Hi, I have been trying to upgrade to gingerbread. Have downloaded the latest kies. It downloads the firmware upgrade and then gets stuck on prepare for firmware upgrade.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem??

Atul Malhotra

(July 2, 2011 - 10:44 pm)

@naveen: yes the update is available in north india. I am from punjab, updated my phone today and its fast and more responsive

naveen

(June 27, 2011 - 10:09 pm)

is the update available in north india.

K7

(June 21, 2011 - 6:30 pm)

IS! AFTER THE UPGRDE TO 2.3 GALAXY( S_ i9000 IS CAMPATABLE TO 4G

SGS_FY2GB

(June 13, 2011 - 12:28 am)

im also having problem updating the firmware, im trying to do it on win vista and also using Tata photon plus.

Rahul Mitra

(June 10, 2011 - 1:15 pm)

Kies keeps crashing when i try to upgrade firmware. It isnt even taking a back up now.

Niti giri

(June 10, 2011 - 11:19 am)

My kies crashed everytime I tried updating..once I tried at 2 am in d morning and it worked..now my fone is upgraded.hope it helps those who had the same problem as mine

Jeet

(June 9, 2011 - 12:50 am)

Just after update, I felt the UI very fast, but now after one week, it has already started showing signs of sluggishness…..ultimately it will become again like tortoise….

Ved

(June 8, 2011 - 5:28 pm)

@Mayank: Hi, im facing a different problem from yours, on my laptop kies begins to download the firmware but the ‘operation times out’ at 43%. Ive retried the process around 7-8 times but its always the same result, that too always 43%. Any idea why this is happening??

Vikas

(June 7, 2011 - 9:22 pm)

You just need to update your kies software from Help > Check For Updates. After the updation is done (which will take around 10 min) depending upon your net speed; connect your phone through Kies and once connected it will pop up a window as shown above in the artice to update your phone…

Vikas

(June 7, 2011 - 9:16 pm)

Gingerbread update on my SGS has made my mobile work wonderfully fast. It’s a great update and the UI experience has improved.

Jeet

(June 4, 2011 - 2:37 pm)

Anybody is facing problem with battery after update.?? I lost the charge from 80% to 33% on standby in one night…..

Mayank Masand

(June 2, 2011 - 11:15 pm)

Hi Pankaj,

I m a software engineer myself , i have successfully updated my firmware , as i mentioned the workaround to this problem earlier also , u need to do a hard reset to ur fone in order to update , the error that everybody is getting is a handset s/w issue and not a PC or OS or Windows issue , u need to hard reset by going to settings > privacy > erase all user data option . after u do this , connect to kies and u’ll be able to update .

I tried it , worked for me like charm , good luck everyone , and btw….gingerbread is awesome , superb performance so far , no issues encountered , everythng wrking perfectly .

Cheerz , hope the advice helps !! :))

Prabho

(June 2, 2011 - 11:07 pm)

Anything to be specially backed up before upgrading?? Did u guys lose any data??

pankaj

(June 2, 2011 - 10:30 pm)

frustrated as KIES keeps crashing every time, mayank i too have the very same problem as you. went to the service centre was told by the techie to come on the 12 of june he would update it then as ne does not have the updated firmware. if you have a solution do post.

Kartik

(June 2, 2011 - 10:14 pm)

So I see a lot of people facing problems with updating the firmware. I am wondering whether I should try it on my SGS i9000 purchased just last week.

Jeet

(June 2, 2011 - 8:49 pm)

guys, where is integrated SIP? was tauted as a big feature of gingerbread…..
    and where is the new keyboard??

Anubhav

(June 2, 2011 - 10:34 am)

Hi All,

I tried updating my Galaxy S I9000 to Gingerbread via kies, but soon after downloading the firmware components, the phone gets disconnected from Kies and error is shown as “Firmware upgrade stopped”. Kies crashes after this. I tried reinstalling Kies but no success. I’m using Windows 7 premium (Licensed Copy). ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Is there anything I’m missing. I don’t wanna use ODIN, ‘ve been waiting for Kies update for so long. Please help me experience the 2.3.3

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Hari

(June 2, 2011 - 10:17 am)

As suggested by Arjit Agarwal. I have downloaded the firmware and Updated thru Odins after installation, I did factory reset thru bootup. Now performance has improved a lot. i could check my emails without any lag. I have reinstalled all my 80 Plus app and performance is so good compared to Froyo 2.2. Thanks to Samsung and Google for giving as a Perfect OS and Handset.

Ashish

(June 2, 2011 - 9:52 am)

Hi All,

I bought my phone Galaxy S I9000 (16GB) in India. My Active Sync is not working on Galaxy S I9000 after Gingerbread upgrade to DDJv6 on 31st May via Kies.

I contacted the customer service and they say the update hasn’t released officially and told me to visit service center. I simply don’t understand why should i visit a Service center for an application issue that has been caused by Software upgrade send by Samsung via Kies.

I might end up loosing my job if my emails are not working on phone and my job requires me to connected 24/7 for any emergency issues.

Please advice on what can be done.. I can perform software update myself..just need instructions on anything that i can try myself to fix this issue

Mayank

(June 1, 2011 - 6:10 pm)

This is an issue related to the Kies application , unfortunately there isn’t any bug reporting tool deployed on the application on the part of the developers of the application ( Samsung ) so it would become really hard to report any kind of issue encountered and debug it .

So the point is as of now , there is not and will be no solution for it , untill another version of Kies rolls out with the resolved code for this issue .

Meanwhile u can try a Hard Reset incase you are that desparate for the update rite now , u need to take a back before you do that . u will fnd this option under Setting > Privacy > Clear User Data . Mine worked after i did this .

The Kies error is due to .net Framework bug .

Hope it Helps .

Rohit

(June 1, 2011 - 5:49 pm)

Any idea if it is working for i9003? I don’t see the update on Kies for it

Parveen

(June 1, 2011 - 5:08 pm)

Hi Mayank,

I am also facing the same issue of NullReference on WIndows 7 32 and 64 bit both as well as on Windows XP also. I have tried even after restarting my phone many times ๐Ÿ™

Someone please help …

Ajay

(June 1, 2011 - 3:28 pm)

Karthik…any workaround for the โ€œprepare for firmware upgrade screenโ€ problem?? I am facing the same issue…others can also help…

Rajesh

(June 1, 2011 - 2:56 pm)

How abt gingerbread for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch?

Palani

(June 1, 2011 - 2:09 pm)

when is the update for ddjp6 rolling out.

Mayank

(June 1, 2011 - 1:06 pm)

Hi Aravindan,

Thanks for the reply dude , i have tried doing everything , updating the kies s/w which is already the lates , re-installing , updating the .net framewrk , re-installing kies , restarting my fone , tried on another machine aswell , but it won’t work for me .

Which windows version did you try it on ??

Hari

(June 1, 2011 - 12:03 pm)

Hi, i tried restarting my phone but still same issue :(. I tried it in both WinXP and Win7.

Aravindan

(June 1, 2011 - 11:57 am)

Mayank, restart your phone and try again. I too got the same error earlier, but after restarting the phone, it works!

sritam

(June 1, 2011 - 9:52 am)

im not able to upgrade..its not showing up in kies.whyyyyyy?

Arjit Agarwal

(June 1, 2011 - 9:31 am)

Gingerbread available in INDIA nw….

its lag free & super fast..

n dose who r unable 2 update it via kies, nt 2 worry
    update it from http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-i9000.htm (username password required which wud take hardly 1-2 mins. 4 sign up)
    choose DDJV6 version from d asian versions.

talking abt d originality, its d same version which is available via kies so its 100% original from samsung..

procedure 4 updation is also provided dere

Mayank Masand

(June 1, 2011 - 12:56 am)

anyone facing the same issues as i did ?? please do let me know ….Thanks in advance !

Mayank Masand

(June 1, 2011 - 12:55 am)

The upgrade is showing up on kies….but this freaakky software kies keeps crashing and wont update :
    Error :

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

vishwas

(May 31, 2011 - 11:19 pm)

after 2.3 update there is boost in the performance

Ashwin Dravid

(May 31, 2011 - 5:34 pm)

Excellent update… the phone is really snappy now..

Shri

(May 31, 2011 - 2:56 pm)

Gaurav when will android 2.3 available for galaxy SL?

Heartblasts

(May 31, 2011 - 2:55 pm)

What about SIP…???

kunal

(May 31, 2011 - 2:52 pm)

the overall performance has boosted to a great extent..black is more dark ..animations are smooth..response is quicker then before..camera quality has improved..all samsung and google apps installed on the phone are updated to the latest update…in all a very good update..thnx samsung..thnx androidos.in for d info:-)

sharath

(May 31, 2011 - 2:32 pm)

yes just updated my galaxy s, gingerbread 2.3.3 is the version.
    it also has brought a new feature of updating the phone ota for future updates.

nitish kumar

(May 31, 2011 - 1:26 pm)

SGSL getting the update in July as per Samsung India

Kartik nadar

(May 31, 2011 - 1:01 pm)

Not able to upgrade stuck on “prepare for firmware upgrade screen” SAMSUNG SUCKZ!!!!!

aditya trivedi

(May 31, 2011 - 12:57 pm)

how to update via odin ? any link to the download file ?

aditya trivedi

(May 31, 2011 - 12:56 pm)

how to update via kies ?

kunal

(May 31, 2011 - 12:53 pm)

hey..thnx gaurav for d info..i just updated my galaxy s..! mumbai

Abiram

(May 31, 2011 - 11:46 am)

when will Galaxy SL get d update..??

Ashwin Dravid

(May 31, 2011 - 11:43 am)

Unable to update to gingerbread.. Kies keeps crashing. Tried it on multiple systems… still the same issue.. Anyone else having the same issue?