Motorola today announced a new Android smartphone XT316. The Motorola XT316 is now available in China and will be available starting in mid-July in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Latin America [as Motorola Spice Key]. It will be available throughout the rest of Asia and in Europe [as Motorola Fire] later this summer.
Motorola XT136 offers interchangeable fashion jackets and personalization options for users.
- Motorola XT316 runs on Android 2.2 (upgradeable to Android 2.3, Gingerbread in Fall); Motorola SPICE Key and Motorola FIRE run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
- 2.8″ QVGA touchscreen display
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- 3MP camera
- Moto Switch UI
- MicroSD card slot up to 32GB
- FM Radio with RDS support
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1420mAh battery; eight hours of talk time or 30 days of standby in 3G mode
There is no word on pricing for European or Asian version.