Motorola today announced a new Android smartphone XT531. This budget Gingerbread phone will be first available in China starting this month followed by Taiwan, Hong Kong, Europe and Latin America.
Also known as Spice XT and Fire XT, XT531 brings decent features like Gingerbread, 3.5 inch display, 5MP primary and front camera, and 1540 mAh battery.
Motorola XT531 will be marketed as Motorola FIRE XT in Europe and as Motorola SPICE XT in Latin America. The Motorola XT531 will be available as single-SIM and dual-SIM models in select parts of Asia. The dual-SIM model will be available starting this fall.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
- 3.5″ HVGA display with capacitive multi-touch
- 5MP camera with auto-focus and built in flash
- Front-facing VGA camera for video call, chat and sharing
- Moto Switch UI allows users to shift to different modes
- 800MHz chipset
- 512MB onboard memory
- MicroSD card slot expandable up to 32GB
- FM Radio with RDS support
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- LED notifications
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 1540mAh battery, up to 8 hours of talk time and 28 days in standby in 3G mode