Samsung Galaxy Ace getting Gingerbread update in India

Samsung India has started rolling out Android 2.3.4 update for Galaxy Ace in the country. Update is now available via Samsung Kies. Full change-log is not available right now, but according to the previous announcement from Samsung, this update increases battery life, improved user interface, faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience in addition to improved copy-paste functionality.

The new update also adds the much needed Indic languages support, which was earlier missing in the smartphone. So what are you waiting for, download Kies now and download the update.

As you would know every update is rolled out in batches, so if you don’t get the update on the first go – don’t worry, you will get in the next few days. According to Samsung, you will soon be able to get your Ace updated by going to a service center also, so if not possible via Kies, go to your nearest service center.

Drop in your experiences with the updated Galaxy Ace in the comments. Also you can help out others by mentioning how you were able to successfully update the device.

Thanks Anenth

107 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy Ace getting Gingerbread update in India

Emil

(January 24, 2012 - 1:53 pm)

after upgrading I lost my data connection many times on each day. please help me to sort it out.

Mihir Shah

(November 2, 2011 - 6:30 pm)

Is it necessary to update the Kies software before proceeding to update the firmware of the OS.
    If I do not do so the it shows an error message the cannot find an internet connection even though it is connected to the internet.

anuz subedi

(October 13, 2011 - 1:35 pm)

hey ! is my phone going to snap better videos out with the update as mentioned ! ?? pls
    help me out ! i mean at 480p! pls pls pls^1 trrilion help me! ^ 2 trrilion

ajay

(October 4, 2011 - 12:21 am)

also videos are lagging in my phone.. what to do???
    helpp!!

ajay

(September 30, 2011 - 1:24 am)

thanku adithya! 🙂

ajay

(September 30, 2011 - 1:24 am)

and one more prob…
    videos are lagging in my phone…..
    what to do?

Adithya

(September 25, 2011 - 12:48 am)

I Mean 1Mbps internet connection

Adithya

(September 25, 2011 - 12:47 am)

@ajay- you can update ur ace in home…nothing to worry.
    recommended PC configuration is, win XP 32bit, 3 GB of free hard disc(to install kies 2.0.2 if u r not having), and a minimum Mbps internet connection Required download size is 119 MB( firmware Rom). All the best

Pls note that, this update is not available in service center yet.

ajay

(September 24, 2011 - 11:58 pm)

should i update from home or hav to go service center??
    HELP!!

ajay

(September 24, 2011 - 11:57 pm)

and one more prob…
    videos are lagging in my phone…..
    should i go to service center or upgrading OS can correct it?

Rajesh Gaba

(September 24, 2011 - 6:04 pm)

Dear all,
    I too am facing trouble in upgrading the firmware. I first upgraded Kies to 2.0.2.11071_128 version. Post that when I choose the firmware upgrade option, it showed Current firmware KA7 & upgrade available to KQ5. On starting with upgrade, the download starts and randomly between 10% & 30% it gives an error “Failed to run firmware upgrade. Unknown error occured.” and exits. I have tried this multiple times but same result. I am using Win Vista and have over 10 GB disk space free in all drives. Any clues anyone.
    Thanks in anticipation.

cahobs

(September 23, 2011 - 11:24 am)

I guess its just to do with Windows 7. everytime i tried through kies in Win7 it would stop after taking backup of contacts and say “KIES stopped working” and asked me to close the program. I have tried for a few weeks now and then thought of downgrading to XP. I downgraded to XP to see if thats the reason and it IS! in xp it just took 15-20 min for the upgrade and i have Gingerbread now!! so back to win 7 (i know its insane to do something like that) all the best to all those still trying to update still. Samsung should do something about this compatibility issue.

Venkatesh

(September 21, 2011 - 5:04 pm)

Hi Akshay

I tried your process, i connected after entering the downloading mode, kies showed 85% progress, then entered “emergency recovery” mode and after sometime moved to another screen showing 0% downloading. Finally after 5 mins kies flashed a message that “Firmware emergency recovery stopped due to GT-S5830 error”. Any idea what else i can try?

ajay

(September 20, 2011 - 8:51 pm)

and one more prob…
    videos are lagging in my phone…..
    should i go to service center or upgrading OS can correct it?

ajay

(September 19, 2011 - 11:37 pm)

if i update using kies….. warranty would be voided or not?????
    plzz reply fast.. i want gingerbird asap!

Gaurav Shukla

(September 19, 2011 - 11:46 pm)

@ajay Kies is an official tool from Samsung, so it will not void your warranty.

Manikandan

(September 19, 2011 - 6:47 pm)

Hi guys,

i tried updating my samsung ace to 2.3.4 but the battery backup sucks.

Adithya

(September 18, 2011 - 2:20 pm)

Samsung customer care executive’s don’t know about this update….But still its a official release….bcoz its available on Samsung’s own Kies 2.0.2 . I hope you all people now clear about this…if its not official u can’t get this update on Kies…….

Akshay

(September 17, 2011 - 11:14 pm)

Hi Venkatesh,

When the update reaches to 69% & then directly to 85% & when “emergency recovery” message comes up… Press OK then remove ur phone from the cable–> Take out the battery & insert it again–> Start ur phone by pressing “power button+volume down+home button” Now the phone will start in downloading mode showing the same “Downloading” screen. Now connect ur phone to ur computer & start emergency recovery.
    Within 10-15 minutes ur phone should be ready with 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD!!!

Best of Luck.

Neil

(September 17, 2011 - 12:16 am)

I got the following information from Samsung India customer service on 14th September
    ———————————————————————————————-
    As per Information Samsung mobile model GT-S5830 is coming with v2.2
    Android Version , v2.3 (GINGERBREAD) Android version , we don’t have any
    official upgradation info in INDIA so kindly bear with us till then.
    ———————————————————————————————–
    So apparently its not officially released in India

Venkatesh

(September 14, 2011 - 4:05 pm)

Hi Akshay

I too am facing the same problem ie the emergency recovery thing. Can you list down stepwise as to how i can upgrade to Gingerbread?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Venkatesh

Rochak

(September 13, 2011 - 5:00 pm)

Will the mobile be still under warranty terms after this update?

venkatesh

(September 12, 2011 - 9:00 pm)

just upgraded to gingerbread through KIES, smooth procedure and no problems at all…. will have to use for some more days to check it if it has any probems….

Akshay

(September 12, 2011 - 12:56 am)

@Shankar
    Thanx a lot yaar! You saved me from further frustration… Ur instruction of using combination keys to get into downloading mode helped me. Thanx again dude!!! 🙂

Akshay

(September 11, 2011 - 10:10 pm)

Pls help me… ;-(

Akshay

(September 11, 2011 - 10:09 pm)

Wtf! Just frustrated now… for last 2 weeks I had “Preparing firmware upgrade components “ message… Now I tried on windows XP… I became very happy as I got rid of that msg & downloading started… It went to 69% & then directly to 85%… and then again WTF! It went to 0% & after some time “emergency recovery”… This hapnd thrice… Guys, I am just too much frustrated now… Coz not even any service center in Mumbai is offering this upgrade… Kies sucks!!!

panks

(September 10, 2011 - 3:07 pm)

i am unable to upgrade throu kies… any 1 knows which samsung service center will upgrade to 2.3.4 in NEW DELHI.i visited nr pahargunj serv center …they r telling they dont know abt official release….help me guys plsss

Harmandeep

(September 8, 2011 - 8:27 pm)

Sadly The gtalk video and voice is still not updated in 2.3.4 gingerbread after updating Ace from Kies.

Akshay

(September 8, 2011 - 6:05 pm)

any service center in mumbai giving this update???… I asked at Sion. They haven’t recvd this update yet.

Hitesh

(September 7, 2011 - 8:56 pm)

I’m facing the same difficulty as Sanjeev. It doesn’t work. Using windows 7 starter.

Sanjeev

(September 6, 2011 - 10:16 am)

I tried to upgrade through Kies atleast 8-10 times. Everytime either it downloads and then message appears in PC “Time Out” or if it downloads and decompress binary then it goes into emergency recovery mode and ask to do emergencey recovery (which never happens).
    What to do? Where am I wrong?

shankar

(September 5, 2011 - 1:06 pm)

@parveen – ACE wont support flash player, no matter what version of OS u have on the mobile.

@Vikram – For me its working fine,if u still have problem accessing your corporate emails better use touchdown 2.0, you can get it from android market.

@Aditya – Nothing to worry, it happens to everyone while updating firmware, no need to panic…just remove your battery and put it back on and then try upgrading the firmware.Don’t worry about the recovery message that you get from the kies,just ignore it.Read through my earlier posts you’ll get an idea on how to perform the firmware update.

@akshay- Read through my post in the previous page and follow the steps,you’ll be able to update it.

Vikram

(September 5, 2011 - 8:20 am)

Dont upgrade if you use Email with Exchange Activ Sync.. I upgraded and now my email is all garbled. It shows the entire SMTP headers and HTML code ..

Rizwan Ibrahim

(September 5, 2011 - 1:04 am)

worked superbly! 😀

thanks for the info!!

btw, i used win7 .. 32 bit! 🙂

Rizwan Ibrahim

(September 4, 2011 - 11:18 pm)

lemme give it a try!

hope that it works ..

will post here after updating! 😀

Adithya

(September 4, 2011 - 9:23 pm)

i used kies 2.0.2 to do this upgrade. windows xp 32 bit. and a 2 mbps airtel broadband.

Adithya

(September 4, 2011 - 9:21 pm)

yes…i have done…..without any problems….just within 15 minutes…..now its 2.3.4 on my ace……

Parveen

(September 4, 2011 - 3:39 pm)

Adobe flash player is still not working after upgrade

Girish

(September 4, 2011 - 2:08 pm)

Updating through Kies is really hard and buggy. You can get the firmware from Samfirware and Update it through Odin (Google how to update your fw through Odin) or simply carry your device to any nearest Samsung service Centre, if they have not provided with Gingerbread, atleast they will update to Froyo for time being.

Nikhil

(September 4, 2011 - 11:54 am)

The new gingerbread OS is amazing. Its faster, smoother, clear than the previous one. I m luving it.
    🙂

akshay

(September 4, 2011 - 9:56 am)

“Preparing firmware upgrade components “…… Does it depend on the phone’s GPRS connection???

Aditya

(September 4, 2011 - 9:45 am)

and FirmwareRecovery is giving an error. The only solution to this is going to Samsung Service? I hope its not a case of bricking.

Aditya

(September 4, 2011 - 8:27 am)

Basically my update isnt done and my phone appears dead. Any ideas??

Aditya

(September 4, 2011 - 8:23 am)

Hey, I left my Ace for upgrade via Kies before sleeping. When I woke up, the Ace was showing the Downloading screen. And the internet connection had disconnected. Now I am not able to get back to my Home screen. the screen is blank when i power off and on.

Pushkar

(September 4, 2011 - 7:56 am)

gr8 gingerbread is on my phone now….

I have a slow gprs connection ,so had to look for other options to update .

So downloaded the official Indian version of Gingerbread ROM (119MB) for Samsung Galaxy Ace.
    ie. Android 2.3.4 S5830DDKQ5 and updated it with Odin…..

Gingerbread tastes yummy now…

KreativeGeek

(September 3, 2011 - 11:39 pm)

Is this update coming to GS2 phones?

parveen

(September 3, 2011 - 9:20 pm)

If u have any problm durin update or if u wanna know abt steps of update…ad me in fb nd send me mesz i will rply within 30 mnt…nd i will b very happy to help u guyz….fb id is parveenbishnoi@live.in

karthik

(September 3, 2011 - 2:10 am)

hi

i am getting the preparing firm ware upgrade components problem.

can any one please let me know how to get rid of this

i downloaded latest kies and i am using windows 7

Abhishek

(September 3, 2011 - 1:14 am)

Hi, My Galaxy Ace screen shows DOWNLOADING… from more than an hour. I believe it has got stuck. What to do now?

Adithya

(September 2, 2011 - 11:52 pm)

if i did this update over the Kies 2.0.2, what about my phone warranty ?
    i m still having 7 months of warranty period.
    please anyone help me….

sumit

(September 2, 2011 - 11:10 pm)

hey does flash player work in the gingerbread update

Quraysh

(September 2, 2011 - 10:01 pm)

kies isnt connectin my ace….i reinstalld it…updated it yet it show connecting connecting only….ne1 wid ne suggestions i really want de gingerbread update!!!!!!

Adithya

(September 2, 2011 - 8:51 pm)

if did this update over the Kies 2.0.2, what about my phone warranty ?
    i m still having 7 months of warranty period.

darsh

(September 2, 2011 - 8:23 pm)

@pradeep kumar-thnx buddy u were of grea help

Pradeep kumar

(September 2, 2011 - 7:54 pm)

@darsh —> hi darsh, dont worry if u have samsung kies software which is updated(to update either go to samsung website and update or with use of kies software u can update), then u can easily download the latest firmware.Go to updated kies software and check for firmware updates it will show the latest firmware vesion ending with KQ5. Just click update. It takes around 1 hr depending on network speed. Thats it u r with gingerbread 2.3.4.Restart ur phone to refresh and u r loaded with good features like battery life and so on …….. Dont worry urs wont get dead.U can do it as its an official release now in india…. njoy buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darsh

(September 2, 2011 - 7:07 pm)

Can anyone please tell me the procedure and also that if the update process is unsucesful will my ace will be dead?? Reply fast please

Nitin

(September 2, 2011 - 5:04 pm)

Does nyone have the animation problem? The Tv effect while locking the phone.. I dont seem to have it

parveen

(September 2, 2011 - 2:30 pm)

Shankar—thank u so much bro…successfully upgraded to gingerbread…thnk u thnk u….add me in fb….parveenbishnoi@live.in

sachin

(September 2, 2011 - 2:18 pm)

@parveen – dude just do the emergency firmware recovery by putting the phone on recovery/downloading mode.. it will upgrade… i did it today…

parveen

(September 2, 2011 - 2:10 pm)

brother r u on fb…if yes thn join me plz…parveenbishnoi@live.in

parveen

(September 2, 2011 - 2:05 pm)

thnx bro…upgrade is downloading and now it is on 51%….upgrade always going till 69% and thn directly 85% and after new window opening and stucked on 0%..thn mesz come that no response from s5830…failed….ok i downloaded kies in new pc and stat upgrade…let see wht hapning this tym

shankar

(September 2, 2011 - 1:51 pm)

just forget it…when the update is not successfuly installed on your phone then u’ll get this message from kies…once u uninstall and reinstall kies u’ll not get this message…even if u get this message just ignore it and start installing the update.

sachin

(September 2, 2011 - 1:40 pm)

After staying awake for whole night i got the updation done 🙂 🙂
    @praveen- i faced the same issue, you just have to remove your battery once and reinstall it then open the phone in downloading mode(ie press volume down + power key + home button ,while the phone is off) and connect to kies it will upgrade automatically in 2-3 minutes..

parveen

(September 2, 2011 - 1:38 pm)

emergency firmware recovery…..what is this bro

shankar

(September 2, 2011 - 1:31 pm)

@Praveen
    No need to switch off the phone….install the kies and connect the phone to the computer,it’ll tell u that a latest vesion of firmware available,just accept it and start installing the firmware.make sure that you dont have nothing connected to the USB ports in your computer other than your mobile.

Goutam Gupta

(September 2, 2011 - 1:30 pm)

Yes i have update my ace via Kies its wonderful. its very much speed from 2.2

parveen

(September 2, 2011 - 1:21 pm)

Shankar—-bro phone should b on or off mode

shankar

(September 2, 2011 - 1:09 pm)

@parveen
    I too had the same problem, after more than 10 unsuccessful tries finally i found out a way to install it…u need to uninstall kies (Even though the kies that you have on the computer is a latest version) and reinstall it .Also make sure that u remove the kies folder completely from your computer before u install the new one…after uninstalling kies, go to computer->program files->samsung and delete the kies folder from there.you dont have to remove the SD card and sim from your mobile to perform the updation,you’ll not lose any data.Happy upgradation….try this and do let me know the status.

Adi

(September 2, 2011 - 12:19 pm)

Updated to Gingerbread 2.3.4 .took me 3-4 mins to update 🙂

parveen

(September 2, 2011 - 9:57 am)

Plz tell me processor….phn should b on off mode or not…i remvd memory card nd sim..aftr i turn on phn nd upgrade started aftr 69% downloaded files encrpted nd screen stucked on 0% nd aftr mesz came not succesfull recover ur old firmware nd this is the recovry key….wht d hell is dis…plz tell me processor for upgrade from starting to end…

Steve

(September 2, 2011 - 8:52 am)

It will stay in the same firmware. The only thing it will erase is all the apps and info.

Abhishek kumar

(September 1, 2011 - 9:08 pm)

yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
    finally upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.4.
    UI seems fast.
    one thing i want to know is that if we reset our phone to factory settings in the recovery mode,will we revert back to froyo or gingerbread?
    Somebody answer this please…………

hari

(September 1, 2011 - 7:56 pm)

yes at last i have upgraded my samsung galaxy ace it took nearly 30 minutes for me to upgrade

Naveen

(September 1, 2011 - 7:39 pm)

i have updated my samsung galaxy ace. it easily get updated within in a hour. without much clicks. phone seems to be working fine, the only thing using more ram. very good score in quadrant benchmark, but angry bird still lags a bit.

shankar

(September 1, 2011 - 6:48 pm)

Hey All,

Am still not able to update,do we need to unmount the memory card from mobile before we start the updation process..? pls help.

Thanks

anj

(September 1, 2011 - 6:24 pm)

Hi All,

I did update my Ace to 2.3.4,its seems good.

While downloading dont connect any other device expect Ace and it downloads new Os which is more than 100MB. so u need to have good net speed for faster upgrade.

Thanks

akshay

(September 1, 2011 - 5:57 pm)

@Gaurav Sharma
    Thanx Gaurav 🙂 I have 1 mbps Fivenet connection in Mumbai. Transfer rate is about 110kbps. I even reinstalled kies bt no luck. Same again. Hope service centers come up with the update asap.

Jaydeep

(September 1, 2011 - 4:58 pm)

Try 2: SUCCESSFUL:

It took me about 30-35 minutes. I left the computer totally idle for that time. Make sure it does not hibernate or go to sleep when its idle.

My Enviornment Config.
    1. Dell Insp. with windows 7 x64 ultimate.
    2. DSL Internet 1 MBps

Heres what I did before upgrade.
    1. Disabled firewall.
    2. Added Kies to exceptions list, so that it is allowed to make unrestricted net access.

And the GingerBread is ready.

madhu

(September 1, 2011 - 4:57 pm)

no luck from the last 6

Got issue in win7 – so moved to xp
    Got issue in XP – minimum 3GB required
    cleared c drive and got 3 GB free space

now kies not responding after cliclking on upgrade.

Jaydeep

(September 1, 2011 - 4:16 pm)

Try 1: The file was downloaded by Kies, and again it was downloading another file in a new window, it downloaded 6% and suddenly the window disappeared. WTF Samsung.

Jaydeep

(September 1, 2011 - 3:05 pm)

I am going to updgrade is in next hour, will post my reviews then.

Sudheer Kumar

(September 1, 2011 - 2:36 pm)

Hi Guys,
    I was able to download the update via Kies in just about an hour.
    I would recommend everyone to use Windows Xp while Updating, if you are facing Problems.
    Good that Samsung have Released the Update….
    As far as Gingerbread is concerned the Battery Backup has actually increased…

davinder

(September 1, 2011 - 1:52 pm)

Download the official Gingerbread firmware for Samsung Galaxy ACE India

shankar

(September 1, 2011 - 1:19 pm)

I have the same problem, i tried updating it for more than 5 times now.Everytime when i try to update, the downloading goes upto 85% in kies and after that it shows the downloading screen in my mobile and then in the kies it shows ‘preparing firmware upgrade components’ with 0%…i am using windows 7 ultimate (32 bit), nothing is connected to my laptop while updating other than my mobile.i turned off my antivirus and firewall before updating.i aslo tried restarting the computer many a times but nothing helps.Can some one help me out in installing the update.Thanks in Advance.

Parveen

(September 1, 2011 - 1:02 pm)

my galaxy ace is stucked on downloading from last 35 minutes wht to do

Parveen

(September 1, 2011 - 12:40 pm)

i have 4mbps bsnl broadband….upgrade downloaded in 20 minutes and now in mobile screen downloading….from last 5 minutes..how much time it will take

Parveen

(September 1, 2011 - 12:39 pm)

How much time it will take to load in mobile…mobile says downloading

Gaurav Sharma

(September 1, 2011 - 12:20 pm)

@akshay i also have the same OS.. may be it’s the internet connection ur problem.. i have 512 kbps mtnl connection

if problem persists go to the nearest samsung service center, they will surely get it upgraded for u

Parveen

(September 1, 2011 - 11:57 am)

Why operation is timed out on 21%

akshay

(September 1, 2011 - 9:57 am)

No luck guys… Tried 10-12 times… Still “preparing firmware upgrade components”… Can any1 help me out… Some1 said windows XP might help. I am having Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit)…….

Gaurav Sharma

(September 1, 2011 - 9:11 am)

Hi guys it took about 1 hr for my phone to connect n get upgraded.

Fortunately I didn’t face any hassles as many of u have experienced.

I really find the phone to be much better n smooth in operation than the previous OS, also the battery life has improved significantly.

If anyone has rooted the phone from the official upgrade of Gingerbread for Ace then please let me know.

I want to get my phone rooted asap

Pushkar

(September 1, 2011 - 8:19 am)

I have got a slow gprs connection.

Is any firmware file is available for offline updating?

Abhishek kumar

(September 1, 2011 - 1:32 am)

3 rd try…………….
    wow new error “operation timed out”
    WTF man………..

Abhishek kumar

(September 1, 2011 - 12:35 am)

Tried 2 times all over.
    update fails due to some reason.dont know whats happening here.
    any suggestions?

venumathan

(August 31, 2011 - 9:54 pm)

i.hav bought galaxy ace recently.wen i try to connect my mail for exchange it is showing as could not auto discover.should i update any mailsync

Jaydeep

(August 31, 2011 - 9:37 pm)

hello all, I have Ace, my vibrator is somehow not working properly. I had been waiting for this update since long. Lets see when I update it, if the vibrator starts working again.

btw, is anybody having this issue?

Robin

(August 31, 2011 - 9:36 pm)

For people who are stuck with “preparing firmware upgrade components” screen in Kies, try running Kies as Administrator if you are using it in Windows Vista or Windows 7. If all else fails, find a computer with Windows XP and Kies will update your Ace to Gingerbread without a sweat!

INt

(August 31, 2011 - 9:14 pm)

My experience was not an experience at all… very simple and quick upgrade via Kies.

Just downloaded the upgrade, it installed itself, and done. Took less than half an hour.

Lots of little things have changed. The font, the top bar (it’s now pitch-black and its icons have changed), a Talkback keyboard option, a battery graph, a downloads manager, a revamped music player and awesome cut-copy-paste functionality are the main highlights.

The battery life seems to have been improved as well(it took a full day of moderate use to bring it down only one notch). Only pitfall seems that Ace seems to take up some more RAM thank usual in standby mode. Other than that, everything is very good.

Anil

(August 31, 2011 - 9:11 pm)

Updated Galaxy Ace with Gingerbread 2.3.4. Facing problem with Wifi communication.
    Connects to WPA secured wifi but apps can’t communicate over Wifi data connection. 3G HSDPA works fine on BSNL Mobile.

Galaxy Ace has a good support for Hindi websites. Other Galaxy phones don’t render hindi websites.

Shahidain

(August 31, 2011 - 9:09 pm)

Samsung is cheating with Galaxy S LCD users..!
    Why no update for Galaxy S LCD?

Abhishek Poswal

(August 31, 2011 - 8:50 pm)

Yes i updated my Galaxy Ace today it so cool . waiting for this for a long time….
    I also face the “Preparing firmware upgrade compnents ” problem. But its not kies problem.
    if you have attached any other hardware to your system such as your sd card , camera , printer any thing to usb than it will not update. In my case i attache my net usb modem to my pc that cause the problem. i resolve it by removing my usb modem and update via wifi network…. Happy Updating….

akshay

(August 31, 2011 - 7:55 pm)

@Gaurav Sharma
    Hey how much time did it take to upgrade???

akshay

(August 31, 2011 - 7:54 pm)

same here… Preparing firmware upgrade compnents… Since last one & a half hr.

Gaurav Sharma

(August 31, 2011 - 5:51 pm)

Just updated my phone to gingerbread.. the phone is working much better than before…

Just a request if anyone has rooted their phone on 2.3.4 then let me know

s ramola

(August 31, 2011 - 2:34 pm)

Dear Mr. Shukla,

Should we expect gingerbread update for samsung galaxy S LCD.

mohit

(August 31, 2011 - 2:03 pm)

Samsung kies software is totally rubbish kept saying preparing firmware upgrade components for last 2 hours not doing anything have tried it almost ten times by now on my and my friend’s computer

INt

(August 31, 2011 - 12:55 pm)

Thanks for the putting this up (you are the first to broadcast this info)… it seems I waited for an eternity for this. Started upgrade process, should be completed soon. Will definitely share the experience.