Verizon and Motorola have finally announced that the Xoom 4G LTE upgrade is now available for existing customers. If you don’t already have a Xoom, you can visit Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or www.verizonwireless.com anyday from October 13 to buy a new one with LTE for $499.99 with a new two-year contract.
Now coming to the upgrade part of existing users:
- Backup all your data, more on the backup process at this link.
- Now, visit this link to start the upgrade process or simply visit nearest Verizon store with your Xoom.
- Enter you details and follow the rest of the process, it is easy
- As LTE upgrade is a hardware process, you will have to send in your Xoom physically to Verizon/Motorola.
- Power off your Xoom, put it in the pre-supplied box without any accessories.
- Now place the box in the Fedex envelope and drop the package to a Fedex location. If you have any confusion, you can also consult this PDF link.