As expected, Motorola today announced the re-birth of RAZR, an iconic phone in a new avatar. Dubbed as Droid RAZR for US telecom operator Verizon, it will be otherwise known as RAZR. It sports a pretty impressive set of specifications along with the fact that it is currently the thinnest smartphone on the planet with 7.1mm thickness.
RAZR also features a 1.2GHz dual core processor and 1GB RAM under the hood along with an awesome 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Advanced qHD display. It will be upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich, but it is running Gingerbread right now.
- Android 2.3.5
- 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording
- Front-facing HD camera
- Water repellent nanocoating all over the phone including insides
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD card pre-installed
- 1780 mAh battery
- Enterprise ready with IPS 140-2 encryption, enhanced Exchange security, GoToMeeting, Citrix Receiver
- Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts as well as voice and video chat conferencing
- Full suite of accessories including Lapdock, Wireless Keyboards, HD Dock, Elite Sliver headsets
Pricing and Availability: Verizon will start taking pre-order in the United States beginning October 27, while it will be available in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa starting November. It has been priced at USD299 with the two year contract for Verizon, pricing for other countries is not known right now.