HTC USA has finally announced country’s first Beats Audio smartphone “Rezound”. It will be available beginning November 14 at Verizon Wireless and at Best Buy stores for $299.99 with a new two-year contract.
US has been quite late in getting the fruit out of HTC and Beats by Dr Dre partnership. Countries in Europe and Asia have already saw launches of Sensation XE, and XL as Beats Audio smartphones.
“HTC fully recognizes the destruction to audio caused by the digital revolution. They embrace our vision to repair this ecosystem and bring the feeling from the recording studio to the smartphone. This is only the beginning of our plan to fix how music is delivered,“ said Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Beats By Dr. Dre, in a statement.
HTC Rezound features deep integration of Beats Audio at the software and as well as hardware level (in the form of bundled lightweight Beats headphones). It also comes with the 4.3 inch 720p HD display and 1.5GHz dual core processor.
HTC Rezound Specifications:
- Android 2.3 – An upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will available in early 2012
- 16 GB on-board memory, 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- 16 GB MicroSD pre-installed
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 1,620 mAh batttery
- HDMI (through MHL)
- Qualcomm MSM8660 1.5GHz processor
- 8MP rear with autofocus, dual LED flash, a f/2.2 and 28mm wide-angle lens, 2MP front camera