FreeXperia team has released official CM9 Alpha ports for three Sony Ericsson smartphones recently. These smartphones are SE Xperia Arc, Xperia Ray and Xperia 10. Available for download over at XDA, these are strictly meant for devs or advanced users.
The Xperia Arc CM9 port is most functional at this time, almost every major component is working apart from camera and there are few hiccups here and there. You can check the status of working/non-working components from all the ports below.
CM9 Xperia Arc:
- WORKING: AUDIO, GPS , WIFI, TOUCH SCREEN , CWM RECOVERY 5.5, Bluetooth, GSM, VIDEO DECODER , 3D (partial), GRALLOC (with bugs), GSM DATA (buggy), HOTSPOT (command line for now), USB MTP
- NOT WORKING: CAMERA
CM9 Xperia Ray:
- WORKING: AUDIO, GPS, WIFI, TOUCH SCREEN, CWM RECOVERY 5.5, Bluetooth, GSM, VIDEO DECODER, 3D (partial), GRALLOC (with bugs), GSM DATA (buggy), HOTSPOT (command line for now)
- NOT WORKING: CAMERA, USB MTP, USB MASS STORAGE
CM9 Xperia X10:
- WORKING: GSM, USB Mass Storage, Touchscreen, Sensors, LED and HW lights, Buttons, Bluetooth, Superuser permissions, Vibration, Calls and SMS, Microphone, GPS
- NOT WORKING: Data, Wi-Fi, Audio (works only in calls), Highly Unstable Browser, Hardware Acceleration, Gallery Sometimes shows black tiles
At this rate, we expect FreeXperia team to release stable builds for supported phones well before official updates from Sony Ericsson.