After Xperia Ion, Sony has also made Xperia S official today at CES. Leaked as Nozomi over last few months, Xperia S will be released in the market by the end of first quarter in select countries.
Sony Xperia S features 4.3-inch 720p Reality display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 12MP rear camera sensor, NFC support, PlayStation certification, and front camera. It will be released with Gingerbread on-board, but Ice Cream Sandwich update has been promised and should reach the device in Q2, 2012.
The company is providing two color options Black and White for the smartphone.
Sony Xperia S specifications:
- Dimensions: Size: 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm, Weight: 144 grams
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradeable to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Dual Core Processor
- 12 megapixel camera with 16x digital zoom, Aperture f/2.4, Auto focus, Touch-Focus, LED Flash
- Front-facing camera (1.3 MP 720p)
- PlayStation(R) Certified
- Radio (FM radio with RDS)
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA), aGPS, Bluetooth, DLNA, GLONASS, HDMI support, Micro USB, NFC, Wi-Fi
- 4.3″ 720p HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA(R) Engine (Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass)
- 32GB Internal Memory
- 1750 mAh Battery