Sony Mobile India has announced on its official Facebook page that company has started rolling out much-awaited Android 4.0 update for three of its Xperia series smartphones. These smartphones are Xperia arc S, neo V and Ray.

This update can now be grabbed via the PC Companion tool, which is available for download from Sonyโ€™s website.

This update brings the ICS goodness like Face Unlock, re-sizable widgets, performance improvements, new task switcher and much more.

Other devices in the Xperia range – Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will get the update at the end of May or early June.

More on the update here.

15 thoughts on “Sony India start rolling out Android 4.0 for Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V, Xperia ray

SIVAKUMAR R

(June 10, 2012 - 1:30 pm)

I have sony xperia mini pro sk17i
    Now I phone updated to aNDRIOD 4.0 from Andriod 2.3
    Now I have one Problem that I can’t able to connect the phone via WIFI
    Is it possbile to connectthe phone through WIFI
    New PC suite when available

Ravi

(June 4, 2012 - 11:55 pm)

gr8….but i have xperia mini pro.
    come on sony bring it fast

Imran

(May 1, 2012 - 11:02 am)

For my Neo V it was 228mb!

Imran

(May 1, 2012 - 12:25 am)

Hi Guys!

I was getting error no updates available for my phone while upgrading to ICS 4.0 through Sony PC Companion. When I contacted Technical support they didn’t help me out instead told me to visit customer service centre for upgrade which they charge Rs150-200 plus service tax. I was shocked with Sony. Really shame on Sony. Good News is that after my research i got a link http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/ to download Sony update service (SUS).

Its a software of approx. 38mb to upgrade your phone, i downloaded it and found ICS 4.0 update for my mobile which was 228mb. Good news is my Sony Xperia Neo V got upgraded to ICS 4.0 just in 1 hour 30 min. Believe me my internet broadband speed was just 256kbps.

I would have expected same help from technical support by downloaing SUS to upgrade ICS 4.0 rather than recommending me to visit customer service centre and pay for upgradation. Shame on Sony Technical support, we as customer are better than you.

Any guys facing same problem to upgrade ICS 4.0 can download SUS from the above link and get upgrade your phone.

Faiyaz

(May 19, 2012 - 6:12 pm)

thankx, i update my Sony Xperia Neo V thankx a lot

Navaneet

(April 29, 2012 - 9:15 am)

Hi..i have a ray and can anyone tell me how much MB i have to download via the update software

Imran

(April 27, 2012 - 9:36 pm)

I am using Sony Neo V tried to update from PC Companion. Got N Error not available for your mobile. Talk with technical support of Sony told me to visit Service Centre. No fair service.

hr

(April 26, 2012 - 3:42 pm)

updated my Neo V and i am lovin it:

New features used so far:
    – Smooth UI;
    – Face detection
    – Music player can be used when phone is locked.
    – Increase in the brightness level.

yash

(April 29, 2012 - 10:24 pm)

man can u tell me where u enabled he face detection from?
      have the same phone bt can’t seem to find it :/

Crafterz

(April 26, 2012 - 2:19 pm)

Wow !!! U r awesome SONY ,. waiting with my cute MACHINE – SONY xperia mini pro ,.
    Samsung, learn fro SONY…

Swaroop

(April 26, 2012 - 1:08 pm)

Awesome… I’ll update my S.E.X Ray this weekend… Sony rocks…

kartik nadar

(April 25, 2012 - 1:44 pm)

Really good job Sony!!! Samsung sucks…they cant even provide update for its high end device…Shame on Samsung

chetan

(April 25, 2012 - 12:43 pm)

Its done on my neo v .

๐Ÿ™‚
    – smooth and clean ui touch.
    – face detect is awsome.
    – games including AB work fast no such lag as per warned.

๐Ÿ™
    – phone/contacts take long to load it is due to sql .
    – themes option quiet less.

overall its good smaller ui changes make you delight am sure .

dhruv

(April 25, 2012 - 9:05 am)

its awesome
    sony is best

Rishikesh

(April 25, 2012 - 8:09 am)

That is not fair… Worlds greatest smartphone still awaits an ICS update (GS2)