Sony Xperia arc, neo, pro, active ICS roll-out starts next week

Apart from dropping the bomb on Sony Xperia Play users, company has also announced that it will rest the Android 4.0 update roll-out for rest of Xperia 2011 line-up from next week. The smartphone getting the ICS update from next week include Xperia arc, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.

There is no word on the method of roll-out right now, but we suspect it will be via the company’s PC and Mac companion softwares.

These smartphones will get the Android 4.0.4 version on their devices. Sony has also stated that Xperia Ray, neo V and arc S, which have got the Android 4.0.3 update recently, will also get the Android 4.0.4 update soon.

Thanks Debojyoti

18 thoughts on “Sony Xperia arc, neo, pro, active ICS roll-out starts next week

Innocent

(August 15, 2012 - 1:37 pm)

When are we really getting this update in South Africa, my phone is Xperia Arc?

luis

(June 1, 2012 - 3:44 pm)

It´s not only the Play. I just bought an xperia Arc S and the upgrade is not available either. A sticker on the box say´s it´s upgradable to Android 4 but only after you buy the phone and check the “IS” number under the battery can you discover that your specific phone is not on the list for upgrades (and the list is closed – so they say). I sent the phone to Sony technical services and they sent it back exactly the same saying that an upgrade is not possible. I can think of many adjectives to Sony’s behaviour but I will keep it civilized, for now.

Kritika Rai

(May 31, 2012 - 6:14 pm)

What so ever..i m loving ICS on my Neo V.

aka17

(May 30, 2012 - 10:04 am)

i updated my arc s to 4.0.3 and i’am regretting it now cause my phone is hanging often which was not the case when it was running on 2.3 and getting a laggy xperience so for all of u out there before updating think twice.
    I’am waiting for the new 4.0.4 which is a bit more stable and smoother version’and i hope it does not screw my phone up.

bitts

(May 28, 2012 - 5:42 pm)

can any one tell me is there ics update available for live with walkman in india?

raj

(May 28, 2012 - 3:38 pm)

is it possible to upgrade xperia neo to android 4??

Zeidan

(May 27, 2012 - 4:14 pm)

Maybe im wrong..actualy two of my friend already updated their neo v to ics 4.0.3…
    new notification icons,changes in settings…a bit change in ui too..
    but trust me they both are having problem..
    I dont wanna misguide anyone..im telling you what they told to me..

Raveendra

(May 27, 2012 - 9:46 pm)

I have upgraded to android 4.0.3, im not at all facing any problems… its working well… some people r talking about WIFI problems… but it works well…. no issues

im happy

Sunder

(May 27, 2012 - 11:42 am)

Sony Service center has agreed that the ICS updates have issues. be careful before you jump in the ICS well.

raju

(May 27, 2012 - 11:28 am)

comment about ICS update if you are using this handset or else listen to our experience but don’t mislead other xperia neo v users. ICS update brought an amazing battery backup and many new features like face unlock, new notification bar, more memory and many more. I’ve not observed any lag so far. I really liked ICS and 4.0.4 update by Sony is welcome. guys, I’ll tell you Sony is going be the worlds best smartphone manufacturer soon because Sony is launching attractive and good built smartphones like xperia U, sola and P with affordable price.
    Sony you are always and will be No.1

joe

(May 27, 2012 - 9:02 am)

my xperira x mini pro ep set can update android version 4.0?? now my version is 2.3.4

Akhilesh

(May 27, 2012 - 9:02 am)

awesome….
    Can’t wait any more…….

Zeidan

(May 26, 2012 - 2:33 pm)

ICS update in Xperia Neo V is not success..
    The phone becomes laggy..
    As per my friends feedback their phone works better with gingerbrd before…
    Now they want to downgrade to 2.3 again….So dont be so excited about the ICS update bro…

Nikhil T. J.

(May 26, 2012 - 4:29 pm)

This may be an individual device issue or some app may be playing havoc.

As a user of Xperia Neo V with ICS, I can say that the update has made the phone much more snappier and reliable. No crashes yet, since May 4th, the day I got the update. Plus more internal memory has been freed. So those apps which cannot be installed on SD Card can be accomodated.

Additional bonus was the extended battery life. I get almost 3 days of standby on my Xperia Neo V with regular usage. That figure is surprising to see but believe me, I can show u the screenshots taken from my phone to prove it. And yes, I am on Wifi and Facebook all the time.

Earlier with Gingerbread, I used to get just above 24 hours so thats a massive improvement.

kaushik

(May 27, 2012 - 2:33 pm)

@Zeidan, ask your friend to do a hard reset after update.

Hariabinash

(May 26, 2012 - 12:11 pm)

awesome, cant wait for the updates to arrive!

sandeep

(May 26, 2012 - 12:06 pm)

I still haven’t got ic
    s update on se neo v . Can ne1 guide me in having this updated on my neo v set

prasad

(May 26, 2012 - 10:48 am)

finally the wait overs soon… 🙂