Motorola Atrix 2 getting Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update in India

Motorola has started rolling out the Android 4.0 update for Atrix 2 users in India this morning. The update is available over-the-air and via company’s update program.

Dubbed as version 672.1.18.MB865.AsiaRetail.EN.03, the update is 257MB in size. Due to such a big size, it is better to download it on a Wi-Fi network unless you have sufficient amount of data balance.

The update brings all the ICS goodness including revamped interface, resizable widget, better multitasking, and improved performance.

We are looking for the complete change-log, and will update the post once available.

Motorola Atrix 2 was originally released in the country this March and being sold for price around INR 21,000.

Thanks Murali

47 thoughts on “Motorola Atrix 2 getting Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update in India

Jitu

(November 22, 2012 - 2:36 pm)

I have downloaded and updated my atrix 2.

installed smoothly.. no issue at all.

I am happy with UI….

Still more to check….

vijay

(September 25, 2012 - 3:50 pm)

I updated mine looking great but it restart automatically several times & every time I have to remove battery.

Anirudh

(September 19, 2012 - 1:23 am)

Is anybody experiencing problems with the new stock music player (google play music)?
    I syncs all the songs on the card but when i download a song, it erases the whole library and just shows the downloaded song

amit

(September 17, 2012 - 9:29 am)

Hey guys anybody experiencing any problem after ics update like network loss or any other?

vasu

(September 22, 2012 - 7:14 pm)

Yep i do… Thr is a frequent problem of network drop out… And one mre major issue is… It disconnecting edge connection…. To get dat bck need to reboot or turn off and on data connectivity…. Its happening frequently

Prathamesh

(September 16, 2012 - 12:31 am)

Still showing months old 55.28.37.en.09 (29.1 MB). . Mumbai.
    This one has network issues with Vodafone

the ICS upgrade is not available with any of the service centers yet..!

Bob

(September 16, 2012 - 12:42 pm)

Same here dude.

dinesh

(September 16, 2012 - 9:34 pm)

update critical 29mb file. After rebooting .Check for Update . Showing ICS avaiable. The downlod and update. I did.

Gopinath

(September 15, 2012 - 1:10 pm)

Hey.. Can someone help what could be done with rooted devices?
    Mine is not getting updated. Tried a couple of times in vain.

Please help. Does restore help? Am now downloading 2.3.6 stock ROM. Anyone else had tried the same?

Murli

(September 18, 2012 - 6:19 pm)

Even i have a rooted atrix 2. The updates downloads perfectly. Then while installation when the progress bar is halfway the installation stops,the phone reboots into the old android v2.3.6 system version 55.28.37.Asiaretail.03 and i get a message saying the update installation failed.

suhas

(September 13, 2012 - 3:52 pm)

Just updated to ics 2 hrs back. Went like a breeze completed the whole process in 30 mins. Would recommend a 3G connection or good hi speed wifi connection. Great ui. Just started exploring

Amit

(September 13, 2012 - 1:30 pm)

Guys Help !!! I am facing same problem as its shows same citical update (29MB) not ICS update, what should I do for this.

Bob

(September 16, 2012 - 12:44 pm)

I called up Moto customer care. They said it will take within a week. And you will receive notification.

Bob

(September 18, 2012 - 10:09 pm)

Update with the critical 29.1 MB file, after installing and rebooting with the 29.1 MB update, it will show ICS update. This is the workaround. You need to install the previous update it seems, if you already haven’t done so once.

Divakar

(September 12, 2012 - 9:49 pm)

For rooted devices Install the stock image file 5.5.1-EDEM-28-37-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip from here using Motorola RSD Lite and retry OTA.

*will erase the data on your device.

renganathan

(September 13, 2012 - 5:29 pm)

will its work is this for asian retial

zuke

(September 12, 2012 - 9:11 pm)

can some one post how much RAM does the ics use when only system applications are running?

vasu

(September 22, 2012 - 7:17 pm)

840

Dev

(September 12, 2012 - 7:56 pm)

No update in vellore tamil nadu

viral

(September 12, 2012 - 3:29 pm)

i havnt had recieved the update, even tried manually…kindly help

Dinesh

(September 15, 2012 - 1:37 pm)

I have same problem. Update me.

Bob

(September 18, 2012 - 10:11 pm)

Ritvik

(September 12, 2012 - 2:32 pm)

Successfully updated yesterday itself. Some glitch but go sorted out through some general gyan on xda-developers. Couldn’t wait after all the “leak” feedback. Some early feedback:

First things first, the interface is far better that the existing GB gaudy bulr UI. This one is less of blur and more of stock ICS. very smooth and attractive. Love the blue font in black background theme. Really appealing.

Batter life is better but for one strange behaviour, although one day is too short for any observation. The mobile standby, phone idle and android OS itself consumes less power than before but surprisingly the screen is showing to have consumed lot more power, eventhough I run it at 10% or at most 25% brightness. Strange!

Comes with SmartActions. Haven’t tried it though. some good widgets too.

Overall a nice feeling and worth it. Just the other day, was complaining that FM radio does not play through loudspeaker even if the headphones are plugged in. Got fixed here – great.

Although it said that you cannot go back to GB and I had initially decided to wait and see general feedback before upgrading, could not wait.

flnkr

(September 12, 2012 - 2:29 pm)

downloaded the update….installation is done but the phone is not booting up now….it is stuck at “android is being upgraded” “starting applications”….

plzz advice….should i try taking out the battery and rebooting the device…??

sharey

(November 25, 2012 - 2:54 pm)

Hai.. I’m having the same problem here.. It’s been almost 1 hour and a half in that screen.. What did you do to get rid of it.. Can you tell me how you fix the problem ?

Ritvik

(September 12, 2012 - 2:07 pm)

Updated yesterday. Did get stuck in between but xda-developers clues helped. Far superior than the existing GB with Blur. Much more subtle interface. Love the blue fonts in black background. Much more closer to ICS stock, smooth and better battery life. However, surprised to see that although mobile standby, phone idle and android OS itself consuming less power, the screen is showing to have consumed power even at very low brightness. Will have to wait and see. Overall, worth it. Just the other day was complaining about failure to play fm radio on spkphone even after inserting hdphones. Fixed in this version.

Amit

(September 12, 2012 - 1:09 pm)

I am trying to Update my Atrix2 but it gives me same old critical update as 55.28.37en.03(29MB). Please help on this.

Brendan

(September 12, 2012 - 6:42 am)

Update out in Mumbai

Bob

(September 12, 2012 - 1:02 pm)

Still not showing! :@

Bob

(September 12, 2012 - 12:40 am)

I have not received the update yet. About phone > System Updates still shows 29.1 MB critical update available. Carrier: Vodafone Mumbai. Restarted the phone and I am on GB 2.3.6 55.1.27.MB865.AsiaRetail.en.03. What should I do??

amit

(September 12, 2012 - 1:36 pm)

I am facing same problem with my Atrix2

rameez

(September 12, 2012 - 12:08 am)

my atrix 2 is better with ics..updated yesterday morning..took time but very satisfied with this update…

shibu

(September 12, 2012 - 12:00 am)

after an hour of downloading its gets failed while installation…

Gaurav

(September 11, 2012 - 9:27 pm)

i got the update this morning, and installed successfully. i did’t find any bug till now, looks stable and i really like the change. it’s consistent with the other models. But still need to explore other setting and changes, hope won’t see any problem.

flnkr

(September 12, 2012 - 2:33 pm)

plz help im stuck after dwnld n installation……while booting up it is stuck at a screen which says “android is upgrading” “applications are starting”…..

plzz advice what i should do….it has been stuck at the same screen scince an hour now…

Murali

(September 12, 2012 - 2:49 pm)

I am facing some problems with the ICS update. In “Talking Tom” application, background is blurred (i.e noticed some shaded colors are moving). In “Temple Run” game, i feel grpahics are blurred and hiccups are more while running the app.

Hargobind Shan

(September 11, 2012 - 7:18 pm)

I didn’t get it yet in Chandigarh?

Shashank Sharma

(September 12, 2012 - 7:53 pm)

I am also from chandigarh. I got it. Click on settings -> about phone -> system updates. It will check the server and give the notification.

Akash

(September 11, 2012 - 7:00 pm)

i also started downloading update ics since 3hrs and still it is taking time man..

Senthil

(September 11, 2012 - 6:22 pm)

I feel the battery life has improved a bit. Looks are good. Consistent with other Android 4.0 phones. Rest of the problems, world knows 🙂

Rupesh

(September 11, 2012 - 5:55 pm)

I got the updates , but it failed to install the new update , my phone is rooted is it the problem?

chayan

(September 11, 2012 - 8:04 pm)

Same happend with me. My phone is also rooted.. any help????

chandhana

(September 11, 2012 - 5:16 pm)

Heyy!!let me know how the phone is after the update..

Rahul Bhatnagar

(September 11, 2012 - 3:15 pm)

I downloaded it. But somehow i feel it has made my Atrix 2 rather slow.

Murali

(September 11, 2012 - 4:22 pm)

Rahul, please take backup and try to do factory reset….I did the same and working fine now, but facing some issue with Temple Run and Racing Moto games. Downloaded from market.

Shashank Sharma

(September 11, 2012 - 3:02 pm)

I’m so happy. After such a long wait, it’s finally here. I’ve already started the download. Hope the update is good. Cheers!!!

Akash

(September 11, 2012 - 6:54 pm)

i also started downloading update since 3hrs and still it is taking time..