Twitter has just announced a series of changes including update to its official Android app. The Twitter for Android now comes with a revamped profile page, as well as support for pinch-to-zoon on photos. The update has also removed the support for third-party image hosting websites from the app. Users will by-default be using Twitter as their image uploading service.
Earlier, Twitter for Android users could choose between Twitter, Yfrog or Twitpic.
Here is a full list of changes in Twitter official app for Android version 3.4:
- New profiles with header photos: New profiles now feature header photos so you can express who you are more meaningfully on Twitter. Upload an image from your mobile device and see the same beautiful profile design on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Photo streams on profiles and events: Photo streams for profiles display the images people have shared on Twitter. Whenever you see a photo stream, swipe left or right through the thumbnails or tap to view photos in fullscreen mode. Android users can also get closer to photos with pinch-to-zoom.
- Pinch-to-zoom on photos
- Search suggestions for people, topics and hashtags
- Improved protected account management including the ability to accept or deny follower requests
- Other improvements, polish, and fixes