Voice powered services provider Nuance has announced the launch of Dragon Mobile Assistant Beta for Android on Wednesday. Currently available only in United States, this Siri like voice assistant offers users the ability to search for information, calls and text messages, make appointments, and post to social networks and do more by using simple voice commands.
Dragon Mobile Assistant queries information from over 200 websites for your searches and uses in built Android functionalities for other tasks.
The app also provides a “Drive Mode”, which is a completely hands off experience, and you open the app by simply saying “Hi Dragon”, and thereafter everything can be done by voice commands. The app also uses text-to-speech to read out messages in Drive mode.
It currently supports devices running on Android 4.0 and above, however company said that it will be expanding availability and functionalities before the end of this year.
“Consumers loved the original Dragon Go! and wanted even more. So we totally redesigned the experience in a conversational way and added the most popular personal assistant features ,” said Michael Thompson, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Mobile.
Here are a few examples of things you can do with Dragon Mobile Assistant:
- Make a call – “Call Ashley on her mobile”
- Send a text message – “Tell John I’ll be there in five”
- Create a calendar event – “Set up a meeting with Jake Barnes tomorrow at 2pm”
- Update Facebook or Twitter – “Sent out a new Tweet, What a finish to the game!”
- Use maps and find directions – “What’s the best way to Portland, Maine?”
- Find restaurants and make reservations – “Find brewpubs in Boston”
- Check the weather – “How’s the weather look this week?”
- Look up local businesses and points of interest – “Fenway Park”
- And access content and information from over 200 websites with the Dragon Go! Search carousel