Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.1 update to Galaxy S III units in Malaysia today. Multiple sources have confirmed the update release, which is happening over-the-air right now. You can go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates and check for update manually.
You can also update your Galaxy S III using Kies application.
The update brings the Jelly Bean features like Google Now, expandable & actionable notifications, Android Beam and enhanced widgets apart from several Samsung specific improvements.
Samsung customisations over Jelly Bean in Galaxy S III
- Camera Enhancements:
- New live camera and camcorder filters offer a range of new ways to spark your creativity.
- Warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights (blue, green, red/yellow), and many more are selectable from the main camera screen.
- Pause and resume while recording video allows users to string together multiple captured video clips from a party, birthday, or sporting event into a single file with no post editing required.
- Low light photo mode takes advantage of Galaxy S III’s best-in-class High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities and offers an optimized mode for low light and indoor photos.
- Pop Up Play Update easily resizes or pauses the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window, taking full advantage of Galaxy S III’s powerful processor and large 4.8-inch display.
- Easy Mode is a simplified user experience option for first-time smartphone owners, providing large home screen widgets that focus on the device essentials.
- Blocking Mode can disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
- Swype keyboard