Sony reveals which Xperia smartphones will get Jelly Bean update

Sony has just announced on its official product blog that company’s Xperia T, Xperia TX, and Xperia V smartphones will get the Jelly Bean update in Q1, 2013. It also revealed that Xperia S, Xperia acro S, Xperia ion, Xperia P, Xperia go and Xperia J will also be upgraded to Android 4.1, but failed to mention any time-frame.

Sony has also not stated anything about the Jelly Bean updates for Xperia miro, tipo, tipo dual, U, and sola phones. We expect at-least some of them should be getting Android 4.1, but nothing is official right now.

There is bad news for 2011 Xperia smartphones, as company has disclosed that 2011 Xperia models will not be getting Android software updates beyond Ice Cream Sandwich. Company will release firmware updates, but no Jelly Bean.

“Beyond Ice Cream Sandwich we would not able to guarantee owners of these smartphones the user experience you expect and we demand. We will however, continue to support all these products with firmware maintenance releases,” Sony stated on the official blog.

Company has promised to reveal more details on Jelly Bean update schedule in the coming weeks.

Post Author: Ankita Khare

13 thoughts on “Sony reveals which Xperia smartphones will get Jelly Bean update

syed

(December 24, 2012 - 6:33 pm)

Well I agree with Ragav, I bought one samsung device and still waiting for the updates.

Online Shopping

(October 28, 2012 - 11:48 am)

Its been a year since i bought sony’s W8i, from that time I m using android 2.1. Though my phone was cheap in Comparison to other xperia smartphones but still it would be best if I could upgrade it..:(

tamil

(December 8, 2012 - 4:59 pm)

me also… i tried custom rom android 2.3.7 .. its wrk fine . but make my mobile very slow. so know again i m using old , waste , irritating android 2.1

andro100

(October 20, 2012 - 2:50 pm)

I just bought the TX and found out that the stock email client does not function well.
    I’ve done benchmarks with the stock ICS email client and with several third party clients and I find that Emoze has the advantage in almost every aspect.
    Push notification is stable and fast ,less than 60 sec.
    Battery consumption is low ,I’m able to work in push mode without charging for at least 22 hours.
    I’m quite a heavy email user so it was kind of a surprise to me because I used to have 6-8 hours max with only one account working in push.
    I have 5 email accounts which is about 100-200 email per day so no kidding ,this one really improved my life ,I’m less paranoid about my battery.
    Other features which are quite useful are the security options that allows you to find the device location by SMS or email and also to remote wipe or block by SMS.
    This is cool because you don’t need PC connected to the internet to get the job done ,you can simply send SMS to your phone number to activate the security process.

Anand

(November 1, 2012 - 12:34 pm)

where did you get TX from? it’s not available in India

Arjun

(October 19, 2012 - 10:23 pm)

@Jatin – poor joke ..
    True .. Sony is better than any other oem ..

Jatin

(October 20, 2012 - 1:45 pm)

Disagree with the first line, agree with the second!!

Ragav

(October 19, 2012 - 5:35 pm)

My best advice to who are all going to buy a new phone is “Please buy Google Nexus phone” . Don’t believe any OEM fellows(I mean Samsung/Htc/etc.,).

Ragav

(October 19, 2012 - 5:27 pm)

Sony is 100% better than the Samsung ,Htc and others. Because they are following their promises regarding Update plans. I bought Samsung galaxy R on 2012-Dec, Still I haven’t receive ICS update. I am still waiting for the update.

Jatin

(October 19, 2012 - 9:07 pm)

2012 dec???? You bought the phone in the future???? :p

Ragav

(October 19, 2012 - 10:10 pm)

Sorry. 2011 dec

Jatin

(October 20, 2012 - 1:45 pm)

🙂 I meant no offence!! 🙂

jb

(November 17, 2012 - 9:19 pm)

hahaaaa funny