Sprint has announced the availability of Galaxy Note II smartphone on its network on Thursday. The smartphone is now available at $300 with a two-year service agreement.
Featuring a 5.5-inch 1280x720p Super AMOLED HD display, the devices comes with a 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor, 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front shooter, Android 4.1 and S-Pen.
In other news, telecom operator has also started rolling out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S III on its network.
The roll-out began on Thursday and the update is available OTA as well as via Kies app. Sprint is the first US telco to release Android 4.1 for S3.
Here is a look at new features in S III Jelly Bean update:
- Google Now gets you just the right information at just the right time, like how much traffic to expect before you leave for work or when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. Google Now can be launched by pressing and holding the menu key from the home screen.
- Expandable, actionable notifications allowing you to take action directly from the notifications shade.
- Android Beam™ now lets you send photos and more.
- Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they’re too big, widgets resize on their own.
- Camera Enhancements:
- New live camera and camcorder filters offer a range of new ways to spark your creativity.
- Warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights (blue, green, red/yellow), and many more are selectable from the main camera screen.
- Pause and resume while recording video allows users to string together multiple captured video clips from a party, birthday, or sporting event into a single file with no post editing required.
- Low light photo mode takes advantage of Galaxy S III’s best-in-class High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities and offers an optimized mode for low light and indoor photos.
- Pop Up Play Update easily resizes or pauses the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window, taking full advantage of Galaxy S III’s powerful processor and large 4.8-inch display.
- Easy Mode is a simplified user experience option for first-time smartphone owners, providing large home screen widgets that focus on the device essentials.
- Blocking Mode can disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
- Improved Usability with access to multiple keyboard options and the addition of the Swype keyboard.