Google has released a major update for its Currents app in the form of version 2.0. The new version includes features like edition sidebar, fast scan, unread marks and breaking stories.
“Today, we’re revamping Currents to make it even easier to scan through all your favorite categories and specific editions with just the swipe of a finger. And, we’re using some of the technology behind Search to bring you breaking stories on those celebrity scandals, that fiscal cliff negotiation or hottest holiday gift,” stated Google’s Mussie Shore, Group Product Manager in a blog post.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Edition sidebar – quickly access your editions within categories such as business, sports, etc.
- Fast scan – Vertical swipe to scan an edition, horizontal swipe advances to next edition
- Edition-section chooser – Choose “Customize” to filter out sections
- Unread marks – Read stories are marked. (Setting to hide)
- Breaking stories – ranked by Google News. Links to full length content.
- Saved stories – star for future reference
- New catalog design
More on the revamped Google Currents in the official blog post.