It seems Asus forgot to announce a tablet at CES, so it is sending out press releases now. Company today revealed a new tablet “MeMo Pad,” which will be released in select markets. This is the same Android tablet that was being leaked in the past as a $99 Nexus tab, neither it has not turned out to be a Nexus product nor it has been priced at $99. According to Asus, it will be sold at USD 149 in the US, there is no word on the pricing in other countries.
Powered by VIA WM8950 SoC with 1GHz processor, it comes with Android 4.1, 7-inch display with 1024x600p resolution, 8GB/16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, 1MP front camera, and 1GB RAM.
It is expected to go on sale this month in Sugar White, Titanium Gray and Cherry Pink colours.
Asus MeMo Pad specs
- CPU / GPU: VIA WM8950 (1GHz) / Mali-400
- Operating system: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Display: 7-inch (1024 x 600, 170PPI) LED-backlit
- Front Camera: 1MP back-illuminated sensor, f/2.0, with 720p HD video capture at 30fps
- 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB or 16GB storage with microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 5GB free ASUS WebStorage
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone/mic, Microphone, Micro-USB port
- Sensors: G-Sensor
- Pre-installed ASUS applications: SuperNote Lite, ASUS WebStorage, ASUS WebStorage Online Office, ASUS Studio, BuddyBuzz, MyPainter, MyBitCast
- Battery: 7 hours (16Wh Li-polymer, 4270mAh)*
- Available colors: Sugar White/Titanium Gray/Cherry Pink
- Size: 196.2 x 119.2 x 11.2 mm – 7.72 x 4.69 x 0.44″
- Weight: 370g – 13.1oz