Samsung India today announced the launch of Galaxy Grand phablet in the country. This mid-range dual-SIM phablet has been priced at INR 21,500 and will be available in the first week of February.
Samsung Galaxy Grand features a 5-inch 800x480p display, dual-core processor and 8MP rear camera. The phone runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The phone will be available in Elegant White and Metallic Blue colour options.
The version of Galaxy Grand launched in India also supports dual-SIM connectivity; the Smart Dual SIM feature on the phone makes it possible to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other.
“Continuing with our legacy of launching innovative devices that redefine consumer experiences, I take great pride in announcing the launch of the Galaxy Grand in the Indian market .The Galaxy Grand is revolutionary not only in terms of the great Smartphone experience that it provides but also in terms of its value proposition,” Asim Warsi, Vice President, Samsung Mobile said.
Goodies: Samsung is offering a Flip Cover in the box and users can also download music and movies through ‘My Services’ worth Rs. 8000 free along with 50GB Dropbox space. Vodafone users also get 2GB data download free per month for 2 months.
Samsung Galaxy Grand features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Display: 5.0” WVGA TFT LCD
- OS: Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Cameras: 8MP Auto Focus rear camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, 2MP front camera
- FM Radio, 3.5mm Ear Jack
- Content Features & Services: Samsung Apps, Samsung Kies /Samsung Kies Air, Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung Hub , Samsung ChatOn, Samsung AllShare Play, Multi Window, Direct Call, Smart Alert, Popup Video, S Voice
- GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v 4.0 LE, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro
- Memory: 8GB User memory ? 1GB (RAM), microSD (up to 64GB)
- Dimension: 77 x 143.7 x 9.6 mm, 162 g
- Battery: Li-ion 2,100mAh
Samsung revealed at the Galaxy Grand launch event that it has sold 1 crore Galaxy series devices till now in India and has captured 67pc of tablet market & 45pc of smartphone market share.