Within hours of the official Sony Xperia Z announcement, UK carriers and e-retailers have confirmed the upcoming availability of the smartphone.
Talking about Clove first, it has announced that SIM-free Sony Xperia Z stocks are expected on March 1 and it has already started taking the pre-orders. It is asking for a steep £440 (INR 39,000) (£528 with VAT), however it also notes that official pricing is still to be confirmed and current price is as accurate as it can be right now.
It is selling the smartphone in Black and White colours.
In related news, O2, Vodafone and Three have confirmed that they will be carrying Xperia Z in the UK. Phones4U has also revealed that it will start selling Xperia Z from March 1 in its stores.
Sony Xperia Z key specs:
- 5-inch 1080 x 1920 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13 MP fast capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile & HDR video
- HD video recording
- Front facing 2.2 megapixel camera
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core 1.5GHz processor
- 16GB internal memory
- 2GB RAM
- Battery STAMINA mode for better battery life
- PlayStation Certified
- Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G/LTE (Subject to network & software version)
- MicroSD slot