Cleartrip has announced the release of its revamped official Android app today. Available as an update for existing users or a fresh install for new users in Google Play, the app now fully adheres of Android’s Holographic design guidelines.
“The all-new Cleartrip White has been handcrafted to offer the best flight booking experience ever created on an Android phone. Rebuilt from scratch keeping in mind the Android design patterns and development guidelines, this one is a pure Android app,” Cleartrip noted in a press release.
The Cleartrip now also includes Android exclusive features like upcoming trips, as well as two column split screen, and BS Filter for International flights.
Here is the full change-log:
- Completely redesigned from the ground up for the most beautiful travel booking experience on Android
- Search & book domestic and international flights
- One-touch flight bookings with Expressway
- Your saved travellers are now on your mobile too
- Access your trips on mobile, even when you’re offline
- Go paperless by showing your trip details to airport security
“With exclusive – to – Android features like ‘upcoming trips’ on home screen and ability to book Business, First and Premium-economy class tickets too, this version also ushers in Cleartrip’s revolutionary two-column split screen approach. Thrilled to be the first in the world to bring it to Android, it allows selection of flights and display of the total price, all on one screen,” Cleatrip added.
Feedback on Google Play:
The initial user feedback on Google Play hasn’t been encouraging for the update. Users experienced force closes and were surprised by the lack of inbuilt train ticket booking support.