After the experimental debut of VoIP support in the iOS version, Facebook has now included the VoIP support in the Android version of Messenger app too. The feature is currently only active in Canada with no word on broader roll-out.
The social giant pushed a small update in the form of version 2.3 to the app late yesterday, which has enabled the voice-calling functionality in the app.
The latest version also brings changes to group conversations and more.
Here is the full change-log:
Updates to group conversations
- Name a group right from the top of your conversation
- Get to your group conversations in one tap – just swipe left to see them in your sidebar
- Search for group conversations by name or look them up by friends in the group
- Call friends for free right from Messenger (Canada)*
- Other improvements and bug fixes