Micromax A116 Canvas HD shipments delayed

Looks like Micromax is having a hard time in getting more A116 Canvas HD stocks from China. Company’s initial stock was sold out on the very first day of pre-orders and it has not been able to procure more stock since.micromax_A116_HD

Micromax, which has partnered with Snapdeal for selling the A116 Canvas HD, has shipped the phone to the first day pre-order (Feb 14) customers, but anyone who ordered the phone on Feb 15, 16 or later is still waiting to get their shipments, reports Daily Bhaskar.

According to the site, Snapdeal is still waiting for more stock from Micromax, which is expected to get them today or in the coming days. Snapdeal still has more than 5,000 unfulfilled orders and the site does not expect to start taking fresh orders anytime soon.

Bhaskar adds:

When asked whether Snapdeal will again take orders for the A116 Canvas HD (Snapdeal has already stopped taking orders of the Canvas HD), we were told that the phone may come up for order again at the store in the last week of March, after fulfilling ‘more than 5000 orders’ that are still pending with the store.

To remind you, Snapdeal is the only point of sale for the Micromax A116 Canvas HD smartphone right now. As, Micromax has no inventory, the company has not been able to give it to retailers or even other e-commerce sites.

Micromax A116 Canvas HD smartphone was originally announced last month and comes with Android 4.1, 5-inch 720p IPS display, 1.2GHz Mediatek quad core processor, 1GB RAM, and 8MP rear camera. The phone also features 2100 mAh battery, 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, and VGA front camera.

In related news, Micromax has released Jelly Bean update for its A110 Canvas 2 smartphone.

21 thoughts on “Micromax A116 Canvas HD shipments delayed

Nikhil

(March 29, 2013 - 11:51 pm)

People, whoever has got the phone – can anyone tell their reviews? is this phone worth buying?
    I recently got Galaxy Grand for myself, now I need to buy one for my brother. I just wanna be sure before ordering this phone.

Gaurav

(April 4, 2013 - 10:00 pm)

Hi Nikhil
      I have been using this phone for around 20 days and haven’t faced any issues.
      It has plain vanilla Android os except for some tweaks. So don’t expect things like split screen and other customizations. The screen is better than my Note 2 in terms of view ability under sunlight. Al in all it’s a great phone.

Sumit

(March 17, 2013 - 1:14 am)

Hi Gaurav,

I recently got the phone my brother’s Jabra bluetooth is not compatible. I wonder if it supports any bluetooth headsets? If yes, please share…. Thanks !

Ash

(March 16, 2013 - 5:19 pm)

@Gaurav Shukla please do a correction in the post you wrongly wrote it to A115 in the 1st line

hday

(March 16, 2013 - 10:45 am)

wtf. I ve ben w8tin al thez day despratly…the guys jst get away with a delay of10 working day mail…screw ’em

Vicks

(March 15, 2013 - 8:12 pm)

did any1 notice, the artcle is written by Gaurav. being from media, he’s bound to get d phone on/before time!!!

Gaurav Shukla

(March 15, 2013 - 8:55 pm)

@Vicks There are two Gaurav here.

Gaurav

(March 16, 2013 - 9:56 am)

Vicks, buddy I am not Gaurav shukla by any means and I paid 13990 to mmx and have got the phone after ordering it from snapdeal. Hope that clears the air and I am by no means related to the media.

Arjun Nama

(March 15, 2013 - 5:37 pm)

I had booked the phone from Snapdeals on 19th Feb and exp. delivery date was 19-Mar-13. I just received a mail from Snapdeals stating that there will be a delay of 10 working days. 🙁

Abhishek

(March 16, 2013 - 12:20 am)

Me too received same mail, my delivery date was 20th march, also they are saying that there is increase in price because of budget changes but they will give us in same price along with Rs. 700 cary case.

Gaurav

(March 15, 2013 - 2:33 pm)

It seems i am one of lucky ones. Though my order status showed that the estimated shipping date as 15th March, i got the phone on 12th March.

ronjoy

(March 15, 2013 - 4:18 pm)

What city you live in gaurav nd wht date you ordered the phn ??
      just received a mail stating that the phone will come in 10 more working days ..OMFG what bullshit ..to please ppl mmx is offering a cover case worth 700 RS
      which actually does help :)..but since the phone is so good will wait for 10 more days ..

Gaurav

(March 15, 2013 - 7:12 pm)

Hi Ronjoy, i am from Delhi.

Gaurav

(March 15, 2013 - 7:12 pm)

I ordered on 14 Feb.

Gaurav

(March 15, 2013 - 7:18 pm)

I have got a flip cover + scratch guard for 425 rs. Curious to see what cover MMX is offering.

Gaurav

(March 16, 2013 - 6:59 am)

Sorry, just realised that I actually ordered thw phone on 15th feb and not 14th.

Amul

(March 15, 2013 - 5:00 pm)

How is the phone performing ? Are there any bugs or problems ? How is the screen ? Does it have any quality problems ?