Looks like Indian companies have suddenly realised the importance of software updates. After
Similar to Micromax A110, the Jelly Bean update for Salora PowerMaxx will also be available only via service centers. You can check for nearest service centers on Salora’s website.
Company has not given any change-log for the update, but you can expect the usual Jelly Bean features like Google Now, Project Butter improvements, enhanced notifications, better widgets and keyboard etc.
In related news, Salora has also reduced the price of PowerMaxx smartphone to just INR 10,000 now. It is a significant price-cut considering the initial price was INR 15,999.
Originally launched in January this year, Salora PowerMaxx features a huge 3200 mAh battery, 1GHz dual-core processor, 4.5-inch IPS qHD display, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera and 512MB RAM. The phone also comes with 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, dual-SIM support and the usual connectivity options.
Salora PowerMaxx key features
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (Upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Dual-SIM (GSM+WCDMA) Dual standby
- 4.5″ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 8MP rear camera with auto-focus
- 1.3MP front camera.
- Cortex-A9 dual-core 1 GHz processor
- 512MB DDR3 RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage
- microSD card slot
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, GPS (with A-GPS).
- Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Sensors: G-Sensor, L-Sensor, P-Sensor, Rotation Vector Sensor.
- 3200 mAh rechargeable battery
- 5.16″ (h) x 2.54″ (w) x 0.43″ (10.9 mm), 170 grams