Sony may start pushing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update to Xperia S owners later this month. Although the company has not revealed a clear timeline globally, the German arm of the company told a consumer on Twitter that the update roll-out will begin by this month’s end.
Sony has been quite late in providing the update for their 2012 H1 flagship phone and it is especially frustrating for the phone users, as the company has already released the update for even the mid-range devices like Xperia J.
There are no other details available right now, and we will let you know if anything pops ups.
Sony releases software update for SmartWatch
In related news, Sony has started pushing an update for SmartWatch owners, which brings new features, tweaks and improvements to this Android accessory.
- Six new watch faces, something for everyone – retro, wacky, contemporary… each with different functionality. Wake the watch face up with a double tap, a ‘my gesture’ movement detection or by moving the watch towards you with a twist of the wrist (Motion Clock face).
- Notification previews – see snippets of your messages, tweets and wall posts, when notified of new interactions
- Smoother search – with around 200 SmartWatch apps (and growing!), we’ve added Categorised sorting/search to make it easier to find what you want
- More intuitive, aligned interface across SmartWatch and Smart Connect
- Improved battery level indication
The update is available via Google Play.